New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

· Banned
1,269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got my stripped lower today from Fire-Flys Giveaway thread and it looks "Awesome",really like the Grizzly bear engraving!Want to give a huge "Thank You" to Fire Fly and this Site.Going to be another nice one for my collection aiming/waiting for the Zombie Hoard.Also got my Midway order today including the DPMS complete upper thats going on it,the finishing parts should all be here at the least by Friday.So heres a preview of the start,and a real good member here "RAVEN" is going to put the rest together for me (and really appreciate it) or I would be lost in this project.I love Winning here LOL,thanks again Fire Fly!

· Registered
13,297 Posts
I was going to recommend the STAG LPK. I've been using Wilson Combat, but think they are all pretty much the same. I would also use an RRA LPK without thinking twice, but I'm sure other NYF members might disagree. Good luck with your build, it looks awesome so far. And Kudos to Firefly for making it happen. Got to talk to Bob soon about some builds I've been thinking about, lol.

· Banned
1,269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I was going to recommend the STAG LPK. I've been using Wilson Combat, but think they are all pretty much the same. I would also use an RRA LPK without thinking twice, but I'm sure other NYF members might disagree. Good luck with your build, it looks awesome so far. And Kudos to Firefly for making it happen. Got to talk to Bob soon about some builds I've been thinking about, lol.
You know the DPMS and Stag was exactly the 2 I had to choose from!Midway had only the DPMS kits and was going to just order that,but checking online reviews Stag rated higher so went with them.Thats the only thing I went by as this is my first build and wanted whatever I could get in-stock ready to go out in mail.

Brett, glad you got it. Your other stuff should be there soon. Thanks for the kind words.
Ypu are worth all the kind words,you dont see stripped lowers handed out for free every day!Especially this caliber of lower,which I see has got awesome reviews.Got me excited about finally building one thats for sure,instead of buying used ones (mainly here) like most/all my others LOL...

· Banned
1,269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Can't wait to see the final product.
Me either,and it shouldn't be long now.Got your Stag parts kit today,very fast shipping Thanks Firefly!The rest of the parts will be here tomorrow and the build will just need assembly.Going with open sights as this will be a SHTF/Zombie gun (not a tack driver),no need for a broken scope when you need it most! I will get a pic of everything else going on it tomorrow,then hopefully all together as soon as RAVEN gets some free time.I think its going to look real original/awesome with the Grizzly engraving....

· Registered
2,913 Posts
I will be free tomorrow through Monday.....Give me a shout when you have all the parts and we will get er' done...!

· Registered
6,189 Posts
Dieter, I believe it's a LAR Grizzly lower.

largrizzly.com - Grizzly AR15 Lowers

I bought a LAR upper, and had some fitment issues (tolerance stackup, yay!), and in talking to them, ha d agreat customer service experience. I was really happy with them and wouldn't hesitate to buy from them again. LAR's the machine shop for a bunch of the bigger names, including Remington.

· Banned
1,269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I will be free tomorrow through Monday.....Give me a shout when you have all the parts and we will get er' done...!
Great RAVEN,cant wait to stop and see you again! Maybe this week-end then,I will get a hold of you tomorrow to set up an exact time.And yes the lower is called a Grizzly,never seen one before this one.Definitely should get some comments on it when other people see it....

· Registered
2,913 Posts
Great RAVEN,cant wait to stop and see you again! Maybe this week-end then,I will get a hold of you tomorrow to set up an exact time.And yes the lower is called a Grizzly,never seen one before this one.Definitely should get some comments on it when other people see it....
Sounds good,and yes they are a nice lower..!

· Banned
1,269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Got a PM just as the mailman was delivering my parts,that RAVEN was home and ready to build my Lower!He did a excellent job while I sat there learning,but I think he can do all mine from now on LOL.It went together like a dream,he made it look alot easier than it actually was.

I ended up going with a DPMS muzzle brake and a Midwest Industries Gas Block height folding front sight with a folding Troy Battle Sight for the rear.Got a beautiful gun thats for sure,the Grizzly is the Bomb that sets it all off IMO.I have to do a Karma thread one of these days with all the Karma im receiving,gotta love it here.Thanks a million Raven and FireFly!!!!!Heres the final work,way nicer than I could of expected....

· Registered
2,913 Posts
Got a PM just as the mailman was delivering my parts,that RAVEN was home and ready to build my Lower!He did a excellent job while I sat there learning,but I think he can do all mine from now on LOL.It went together like a dream,he made it look alot easier than it actually was.

I ended up going with a DPMS muzzle brake and a Midwest Industries Gas Block height folding front sight with a folding Troy Battle Sight for the rear.Got a beautiful gun thats for sure,the Grizzly is the Bomb that sets it all off IMO.I have to do a Karma thread one of these days with all the Karma im receiving,gotta love it here.Thanks a million Raven and FireFly!!!!!Heres the final work,way nicer than I could of expected....
Glad you liked the build,and also glad I could help you out....! Give me a holler if you need anything else bud....

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.