New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I Got a Great deal on a couple flats of Fiocchi 12 Gauge Loads Last Year.I Figured I would get ahead of the game & Resize Decap & Prime them while waiting for some powder to get in stock.It seems a #209 Primer falls right Out.Anyone know what size will fit? or are these Hulls throw aways. Thanks In advance,
Russ

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
The old Fiocchi 209M primers were Metric size. They were a little larger than the new Fio. 209's. Cheddites are a little larger than most other primers, thay may work.. I have sold reloading components since 2001 and no one has ever loaded Fiocchi hulls, they shoot them once and toss them. There are usually lots of Gun Club, Rem. black game load , Winch Supertarget hulls once fired at local gun clubs no one loads, Rio's or Fiocchi's

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The old Fiocchi 209M primers were Metric size. They were a little larger than the new Fio. 209's. Cheddites are a little larger than most other primers, thay may work.. I have sold reloading components since 2001 and no one has ever loaded Fiocchi hulls, they shoot them once and toss them. There are usually lots of Gun Club, Rem. black game load , Winch Supertarget hulls once fired at local gun clubs no one loads, Rio's or Fiocchi's
Thanks for the info...I have been saving every brand hull as a force of habit. I just shot off some Rio 00Buck & 2 out of 3 ejected hulls were split at the crimp.

·
Registered
925 Posts
Thanks for the info...I have been saving every brand hull as a force of habit. I just shot off some Rio 00Buck & 2 out of 3 ejected hulls were split at the crimp.
The fiocchi hull is a straight wall hull like the federal target. The rios have a larger primer pocket, it can be conditioned to accept a regular 209 primer. If the hull has a star on the base it is a cheddite hull and will need a larger primer regardless of brand.

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
This. You also can't get the right wad for Cheddite/Fiocchi hulls. You're better off sending them to the dump and working with good hulls to start with.
Exactly, I would just buy some new pre primed AA or STS hulls online.... Heck they really aren't that expensive, and they will last a long time. They will all be matching, perfection! Check Grafs, or Midsouth... someone had a good deal on new hulls...

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I Have a bunch of Good Remington,Winchester & Federal Hulls to use.I'm just in a habit of saving all of them like Pistol & Rifle Brass...I'll use the Rio's & Fiocchi's for targets.Got a bit of .223's to burn up anyway.. I Never had to reload shotshells before,but in this small town people are hoarding them like .22lr & can't buy online anymore so its off to reloading land...Thanks everyone for your input..

·
Registered
925 Posts
I Have a bunch of Good Remington,Winchester & Federal Hulls to use.I'm just in a habit of saving all of them like Pistol & Rifle Brass...I'll use the Rio's & Fiocchi's for targets.Got a bit of .223's to burn up anyway.. I Never had to reload shotshells before,but in this small town people are hoarding them like .22lr & can't buy online anymore so its off to reloading land...Thanks everyone for your input..
The Rio hulls are the king of the straight wall hulls, I use the cheap federal hulls as disposables for upland bird hunting with my auto.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.