Allstar LPK
PSA stripped upper
PSA mid-length 14.7" CL barrel
Perm. Attached Troy Claymore brake
BCM BGC
Midwest Industries T-series 9" handguard
YHM low profile gas block
Cheap Truglo Triton red dot
Free stock and buffer tube (pinned of course)

Still waiting for a Magpul MOE stock, grip, and trigger guard, but at least I can shoot it now:yay:.
Oh, and if anyone is thinking about drilling a Troy brake to pin it, stock up on drill bits! These suckers are HARD!
A big thank you to Allstar Tactical and the members of this forum who answered my questions.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, I really like the way it came out. It will be a lot better when I get the MOE stock on it though

·
Registered
241 Posts
i have a magpul moe grip like new ....$15 shipped if you want it ad $5 more and i'll throw in a magpul mbus rear site these both came off a S&W 15

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i have a magpul moe grip like new ....$15 shipped if you want it ad $5 more and i'll throw in a magpul mbus rear site these both came off a S&W 15
Thanks for the offer, but I already ordered the grip from PSA. I'm just waiting for the parts to ship. Palmetto seems to be backed up on orders lately, probably due to the free shipping and discount sales. I might be interested in the MBUS rear sight though if you want to sell it seperately.

·
Registered
913 Posts
Yep my whole build will be waiting for a hand guard from them. Paid a few days ago and still no shipped email. Was hoping it would go out today. But I'll hope for monday.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yep my whole build will be waiting for a hand guard from them. Paid a few days ago and still no shipped email. Was hoping it would go out today. But I'll hope for monday.
My handguard took 4 or 5 days to ship, but once it shipped it came quick. They did say that it could take 5 days to ship I think on their website

·
Registered
2,893 Posts
Looks really good, i want to finish my upper so bad.... i hate waiting for parts to come in.
I feel your pain......It's insane how backed up companies are this year,this is worse than the 2004 election year and with the distinct possibility of that clown Obama snagging another 4 years,he is going to wield his mighty pen and make an attempt to squash life a we know it as firearms owners so people are buying up anything they can get thier hands on,rifles,parts,ammo etc at a feverish and record pace.

·
Premium Member
10,553 Posts
Does that brake have any holes or slots in it?

edit: never mind. Looked it up online. Never saw one of those from troy.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

Yeah, I wanted a brake that would push the muzzle blast downrange instead of out. It does a really good job of that too. It's probably not quieter overall, but it seems to be quieter for the shooter.

·
awesome for hire.
3,608 Posts

They're actually quite good for sound, but not that great for reducing recoil. At least not as good as some of the others.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
They're actually quite good for sound, but not that great for reducing recoil. At least not as good as some of the others.
That's the problem with NY laws though; I can't tell if I like a muzzle brake until it's a permanent part of my gun, lol.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts