New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 133 Posts

·
Registered
859 Posts
TB, what you posted looks like a good thing but I have no clue about the markets. I know its good when they go up, bad when they go down.

·
Registered
859 Posts
WTF are you talking about lol. I am interested but have no knownledge what so ever about what your talking about.

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
LOL. I've been studying the markets for 4 years now...it's a LONG journey. I'm a rookie still even. ;)

YM is the futures contract for the DOW mini. It's a leveraged contract that tracks the DOW index.

$100 means I made $100...in 14 minutes. Before tax of course...because America is entitled to half my money just because. LOL

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
All this news is great n' bullish right? :hmm:

Any longer term investors out there...I'd probably hold off on buying long for now. The bigger picture chart looks like a dip/correction is highly likely in my opinion. 11,800 DOW would smacking my trendline on the Monthly chart and volatility feels too light here considering the new "recovery" highs. Just my 2 cents.

Besides...buying new highs is a suckers game for the most part right? ;)

·
Registered
7,699 Posts
I'll stick to poker and ponies. I received a letter a few months ago about my pension fund being in critical status. I know if I had my money I could do a lot better of a job investing then they have done.

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'll stick to poker and ponies. I received a letter a few months ago about my pension fund being in critical status. I know if I had my money I could do a lot better of a job investing then they have done.
I bet. Pensions are a joke and un-sustainable long term. I had a 401k and man did the options suck with them. Gotta love 401k scenarios where fund managers can't go past x% cash and they can't short the market in a bear cycle. I also enjoy the "markets gain 8% per year on average" and "put x% in your 401k every paycheck and retire a millionaire". LOL. I'm happy to be rolled over to a self directed IRA these days where I can trade options as insurance etc...

Is the average mean good enough for your retirement??? - TradersBASE

I wrote the above to help some understand better that the median average price won't get you ahead of the market and even in a 401k timing is everything. Far too many people are oblivious to their "nest egg" and how it can be robbed.

·
Registered
4,720 Posts
Let's stick to guns?

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Guns recently took a nice hit since the wave of "OMG Obama is gonna take our guns" has died down. In ANY investment including guns, timing is EVERYTHING. Essentially profit is determined at the time and price of purchase. ;)

·
Registered
4,720 Posts
Yeah. Look at the AR rifles just before the election and just after. I priced one that was about 1700. Now, the same one is about 900.......no so good investment.

I like the concept though

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
XRA looks very VERY interesting long here IMO. Glance at a monthly chart going back to 2006. Oversold oscillators at a prior monthly resistance (now support). Fairly tight volatility on the current bearish monthly trend as well which should indicate no panic yet and strong hands.

I think I'll be checking some of this play out very soon! It's cheap per share...anyone can get in on this one if they have a few hundred to play with even. ;)

8)

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Here is some great financial advice:

Gagh had to edit the link has some inapropriate words.
Lets try embedding

Code:
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/TUkpR2Q6Oy8?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/TUkpR2Q6Oy8?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Little reason to play along with the tug-o-war here IMO. Well daytrades or scalps sure but I wouldn't enter a swing here myself unless it was option strategy to capture a directional move.

The trend is up so while the price looks extended to me there could be a short squeeze just as easy as a correction. The only thing I'd be willing to bet on is in the next day or 2 we see a volatility jump because we've already had today as an inside day (if you count wicks and not just open and close). This market is pretty fickle and long consolidation seems unlikely to me at this point.

JMHO of course...in reference to the YM/DOW.

·
Registered
118 Posts
i cant say exactly what i do or else i couldnt join into this conversation, but i work for a large mutual fund / investment management firm in nyc. love to trade but im limited by the SEC to 30 day holds on any security... so i tend to do more ETF's and mutual funds so that i dont take on too much individual security risk.

1 - 20 of 133 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.