New York Firearms Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
why are other counties still getting them our in under 4 months and with much higher populations? It is more like the counties that have not moved to the digital background check and livescan are slower. They are just using the state as an excuse.

·
Registered
9,136 Posts
why are other counties still getting them our in under 4 months and with much higher populations? It is more like the counties that have not moved to the digital background check and livescan are slower. They are just using the state as an excuse.
Some counties are not following the laws. Some of the counties in NY are not doing the background checks that the state requires.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It depends on the county. A lot of resources are put into one application?!? Each County is allowed to set its own rules really and requirements. Some counties will actually call all of your references or none at all. They use everything as excuses. From budget cuts to mental health records to hey i can not get in touch with your references. Ive seen some even one say we lost your paperwork now start over. In this day their should be NO reason why it takes 6 months. But the law was written that way and they use it. Some counties get backlogged so bad they will always be behind. Westchester county makes it a point to be done with in 6 months.

·
Registered
460 Posts
i think some counties are already converted to the new way to do the checks which i believe now they just perform from their own office while others are still in the process of converting.

·
Registered
8,557 Posts
Some counties are not following the laws. Some of the counties in NY are not doing the background checks that the state requires.
Proof of this???

·
Registered
462 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts