New York Firearms Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Moved to Dutchess a few weeks ago. I have already requested that Ulster County Transfer my records to Dutchess (Required). What do I expect now? I was told I would be notified when Dutchess county had the records. Will they be mailing me a Dutchess County Permit? Or will I have to fill out additional paperwork to make this happen? Thanks

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
So I just got a letter in the mail stating I need to come into the sheriffs office and to bring my old permit so I can complete the transfer. It also stated that any restrictions I have will be transferred to my new permit - that is a news flash - I thought dutchess only issued non-restricted permits. I will learn more tomorrow, but I hope this is not the case.

·
Registered
644 Posts
Yes, that is interesting to hear. When I moved here it was from NYC and I transferred my Residence Premises license. (Shortly after this NYPD started refusing to do this.) The lady in the pistol license office told me I would need to apply for a new license and would be "restricted" until then. But she also said that this process wasn't needed for people who were moving in with good-till-canceled licenses. So I am curious to hear what actually happens when you go in.

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I"m heading over their tomorrow, so I"ll keep you updated. Ad the very least, I supposed I could try to get the restrictions lifted. I"ll know more tomorrow.

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
1) been there, done that, have the recent t-shirt. didja lose my number? 2)that'd suck if you're the first person to get a restricted dutchess permit! maybe they're making you sweat a little so you're that much for grateful when you get your new permit.

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Got it today "Restricted" and the restrictions aren't listed on the permit like they were on my ulster permit. Not happy. They said this is a new policy that just started because the new judges are requiring it. Said I need to re-apply for unrestricted. :(

·
Registered
76 Posts
That's stupid. I plan on submitting to have my restrictions lifted here in Westchester County although I doubt even with my military background and being military police that it would help any. From what I hear, unrestricted permits here are very few and far between, but it doesn't hurt to try I guess.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts