New York Firearms Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Installed the Ruger 3" picatinny rails with Troy fixed sights...

I'll be shooting it tomorrow for the first time at a 50 ft max indoor range... few questions...

1.) Is sighting in at 50 feet OK?
2.) Um, how do I sight this thing in (I'm a newb)? :eek:

Many thanks, everyone.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
You move the rear sight in the direction you want your group to go.

Say you shoot 3 times, and they are all low and the left. You will adjust your rear sight to the right and up, shoot again and see how close you are, keep fine tuning until you are in the center.

That can all be done about about 25 ft, then back it out to the full distance you want to shoot to check it.

The front sight, if it can be adjust goes the opposite way. If you are shooting low, you move the front sight down.

I sight my .22s in at about 20 yards, or 60 ft. Zero it at whatever distance you intend to shoot it the most, it will vary up and down a little at different distances.

Have fun.

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
This may help too.

From the looks of it the rear sight is how you adjust for windage, and you have to adjust for elevation with your front sight. Imagine the center of this is where you are aiming, wherever your shots hit that is the direction you need to move your sights, it should work with those irons.

M4%u00252Bzero%2Btarget%2B.jpg

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
I just put an "El Cheapo" scope (with quick release mount) on mine and was done with it. Good luck with your SR-22.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks, everyone - very helpful information for sure! I wasn't feeling well yesterday so I didn't go, but I'm going next week. I'll let you know how it turns out...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts