New York Firearms Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
got my letter on friday saying that my permit was granted. i went this morning to sign for my permit, take a new picture, and leave with the permit in hand. i was given an unrestricted right off the bat without even an interview with the judge. the whole process took about 5 months.

with my new permit in hand i went this afternoon to pick up my first handgun that i had on layaway. brand new ruger sr9c. gun feels great in my hand. cleaned out all the oil that ruger packed into the gun and got it ready to shoot, unfortunately the rain today stopped me from doing that, hopefully tomorrow i will be able to get out and shoot. whether permitting.

IMG_7679.jpg

·
Postmaster General
23,073 Posts
Does the gun melt in the rain? ;)

·
Registered
2,127 Posts
Congrats! Its a great feeling like when you first started to drive on your own. Any thoughts on a holster? Enjoy and be safe!

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Congrats! Its a great feeling like when you first started to drive on your own. Any thoughts on a holster? Enjoy and be safe!
im looking at old faithful holsters, im interested in the kits that they sell. good price and have heard good things about them.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Great pistol, I picked one up a few weeks ago. The trigger felt a little gritty at first during dry firing but on the range it was great. After pulling it apart, polishing the internals, cleaning out the striker chamber, and installing an aluminum striker indicator, and firing a few more rounds out of it, it is amazing. I already loved the trigger to begin with, but now it is my favorite pistol. I shoot it better than my Glock and xdm.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts