New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I was on a search for a snubby and then set that aside and purchased reloading equipment instead. I thought if the right deal came my way I would jump on it. Well as the title of this thread says; "I finally got my Snubby"!
I picked up a S&W Model 36 Chief's Special, in .38 with a 2" barrel. I bought this from the original owner who is a member of my club. He purchased it new in June '77.
He didn't shoot it much it was too much for him, he set it aside and bought a larger .38 revolver. This revolver is like new,it was in the original box, wrapped in the original oiled paper. The box contained all the original paperwork, including the owner's portion of the warranty card that the dealer filled out for him with all the info on it, the box also contained the original cleaning rod and brush in the bag.
He even gave me a nice leather holster that he bought back in '77.
I think I did alright on the deal!
Here it is with the Model 10-5 I bought a month or so ago!!
Product Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Gun accessory Revolver Air gun Trigger Wood Gun barrel Trigger Air gun Revolver Gun barrel Gun accessory Revolver Air gun Wood Trigger Gun barrel

Attachments

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
PRETTY!

A 2" nickel mod 36 was my first handgun purchased in 1982. Still one of my favorite guns, still resides in my nighstand drawer.

·
Registered
8,557 Posts
Very cool my first revolver was a Dan Wesson model 715. I still kick myself for selling it.

·
Registered
3,611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks guys!
I took them out yesterday afternoon along with a couple others and they really are nice shooters. I didn't have a chance to shoot the Model 10 until yesterday I gotta tell ya' these are really fun. I have the Model 36 in my nightstand as well.
I think I found a couple keepers!

·
Registered
499 Posts
Nice piece of americana. You have to love a classic snubby! I carry my S&W airweight quite a bit in the summer. Call me crazy but it is one of my favorite guns to train with!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts