New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

~ Caspian Recon Race Ready Receiver w/ Internal Tactical Magwell ( Stainless Steel)
~ Caspian Gov't Slide ( Stainless Steel Series 70)
- Flat Top Serrated
- Lowered Ejection Port & Beveled
~ Wilson Combat Internals and Controls
~ Nowlin 5" Match grade barrel non ramped
~ Wilson Combat Starburst G10 Grips
~ Wilson Combat Rear Battle Sight
~ Front Fiber Optic

~ Bead Blasted frame and slide for a Tactical Look

~~ Assembled by Rob @ The Sportsman Den Carmel , NY This man knows 1911's and AR's

This gun shot 1/4" and less grouping within the first 5 rounds..
The frame and slide was lapped by Caspian which made a tight fit
I had 1 stove pipe and 0 failures to feed within the first 250 rounds I put through it Sunday

I broke it down Sunday night to clean it and oil it.. wear was even and really no high spots or harsh rub marks.. The gun functioned 99% so far

· Registered
8,557 Posts
Must have cost a shiney penny.:D

· Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I like it alot better than my Kimber Pro Carry... I still get nervous thinking about that hammer cocked while carrying it. I know its a mental thing.. With my Glocks no hammer no visual..
I am also still tossed up if I will cerakote the slide black and the frame in sniper gray..

· Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Really like the finish. What did you use to bead blast it with?
Not sure my gunsmith did that.. The slide came with the flats polished and the rest the way you see it.. So we looked at it and said blast the flats and make the functions black.. It worked out preety nice

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.