New York Firearms Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Head Fapper
1,216 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

All compliance work was done by Mike at Allstar Tactical. He pinned the stock to prevent it from collapsing, and installed the block to prevent the stock from folding. Both of which, are not visible at all on the rifle. He also pinned the muzzle brake in place for me. I feel he did an excellent job, and if I get a SCAR 16S, I'll be going through him again!

The unicorn magazines:
Note the back of the mag where it extends out. There's a slot in the mag well for this as well. No idea what purpose it serves.

·
Registered
9,682 Posts
Awsome man I was looking at the same one last week and was amazed at how light it was. Good luck with it and give us a range report.

·
Registered
5,413 Posts
What caliber is that .308? That mag looks huge.

·
Head Fapper
1,216 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Awsome man I was looking at the same one last week and was amazed at how light it was. Good luck with it and give us a range report.
Will do. I've fired about 100rds through it so far, but it was just plinking and less than 30yds. I'm going tomorrow to sight in the factory irons at 50 or so since I'm gonna be putting some glass on it at some point.
What caliber is that .308? That mag looks huge.
Yep, it's .308/7.62 NATO. 1:12 twist barrel.

The recoil is very, very mild. I'd say it's very close to a 5.56 round in felt recoil. The PWS I'm sure is helping a bit, but also the entire bolt assembly is the biggest mass in the rifle. It slides about 8" or so, and given it's weight and a recoil spring, I'd say that dampens things a ton.

Overall, I'm stupidly happy with it, and will be looking to purchase a Scar 16S (5.56 version) by year's end and have Mike do the work on that as well.

·
Registered
2,107 Posts

·
Head Fapper
1,216 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
.308 it was until he lost it in a boating accident this afternoon
It's just too soon to see things like this go. It'll be a tragedy.

·
Registered
2,107 Posts

·
Head Fapper
1,216 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
1 - 9 of 9 Posts