New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone recommend any specific ammo for the Sig Sauer Mosquito? I was thinking minimag's but I wasn't sure if any place sold it in ammo cans/buckets similiar to winchester m-22 or remington's bucket o bullets

·
Registered
2,743 Posts
I'd start with a bunch of 50 round boxes of diferent brands and see what it likes. If it will feed and cycle cheap stuff, there's no reason to pay more for Mini-Mags. Not if you're just shooting paper, anyway.

·
Registered
2,127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'd start with a bunch of 50 round boxes of diferent brands and see what it likes. If it will feed and cycle cheap stuff, there's no reason to pay more for Mini-Mags. Not if you're just shooting paper, anyway.
That's what I hear from multiple reviews. I'm just going to do that. hopefully I can get off lucky lol

·
Postmaster General
23,073 Posts
That's what I hear from multiple reviews. I'm just going to do that. hopefully I can get off lucky lol
Well that's how it works with any new gun. xD I've just never heard of many (any?) guns that dislike CCI Mini-Mags.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Cc I mini mag all the way. The best 22lr lcr for the money. The little extra you pay is well worth the performance/function. Only 22 I shoot now, even in revolvers, except for my smith 22a. Too fast and destroys the recoil buffer in like 500 rounds.

·
Registered
3,554 Posts
I have a Marlin 882 - 22mag, It won't pattern CCIs,Winchesters are right in there. Winchesters come in a cardboard box, I have a plastic CCI box to place my Winchesters in.
I just bought a Marlin 882, stainless steel 17HMR with a laminated stock & bull barrel what a tack driver. I'm looking forward to squirrel hunmting with it next fall. Head shots all the way.

Like KEV74 said, try 50 round boxes and see what patterns best for you, make sure you use sand bags or another stable shooting set up to take any movement on your part out of the equasion. I have a adjustable rifle slide.

I bought two Ruger Mark 2s both stainless steel with bull barrels, one is 6 7/8" the other 10", I have a dozen 50 or 100 round boxes of 22 shells to try in them, from ElCheapo's to high end target rounds. Once I see what works then I'll stock up on 22s. I did pick up three bricks of cheap 22 LR shells this past spring & summer, shot one brick up plinking.

·
Registered
678 Posts
When I got my 'skeeter the there was a flyer in the case that stated that Sig recommends minimags,the were the only thing that cycled it every time until I tried CCI blazers.Love them and they were 20 bucks a brick instead of 9 per 100.
BTW they are fairly accurate, I can hit a 4" round steel at +/- 40 yards 7-8 times out of 10 with mine.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.