New York Firearms Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So with all the talk of builds, stripped lowers, and 80%ers are we missing one huge work around? Why couldn't you just have an LGS order in an AR, order a "compliant" work around like the spur grip, swap it before the purchase and be on your way?

Just thinking out loud here, not all LGS would want to do this but as I understand the law its legal. FFL is responsible for modifying any firearm to make it legal for sale... so anyone think this is an option?

·
Registered
8,557 Posts
So with all the talk of builds, stripped lowers, and 80%ers are we missing one huge work around? Why couldn't you just have an LGS order in an AR, order a "compliant" work around like the spur grip, swap it before the purchase and be on your way?

Just thinking out loud here, not all LGS would want to do this but as I understand the law its legal. FFL is responsible for modifying any firearm to make it legal for sale... so anyone think this is an option?
I would think the LGS would have to have a type 7 or type 10 FFL (class 2) in order to legally do the modifications.

·
Registered
703 Posts
Not sure what you are asking...our local gun shop has a bunch of compliant AR's on the shelf?? They just have compliant uppers and the no pistol grip stock Thordsen FRS-15 stocks

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
I would think the LGS would have to have a type 7 or type 10 FFL (class 2) in order to legally do the modifications.
To swap a stock? They aren't altering the gun mechanically, and the guns in question are perfectly legal at the federal level.

·
Registered
8,557 Posts

·
Registered
484 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts