New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
NY Firearms,

We are wanting to reach out to those individuals who may know more than we do about good places to look at that may have existing buildings that aren't run down, but could easily be converted to manufacturer firearms with a CNC machine, lathe, heat treat machine, and some other specialty built fixtures. We have already reached out to several county clerks, will hear back next week I'm sure, but if anybody has any feelers please let me know. We are attaching a picture of NYS that's cropped, but just cut off the bottom tail. We would ideally like to stay around Oneida County, but the right place, right location would change that.

We want to say that nothing is guaranteed, we are just prospecting right now, but are very serious about this. We are already fully licensed in a different state, but this would be more of a second location type deal. Thanks again, stay safe.

1. Please do not inundate us with "That's dumb, NY doesn't like guns."

2. We want to take advantage of the skilled workers, knowledge base and of course we love upstate NY.

3. What guns? Semiautomatic rifles, Bolt Action rifles and Suppressors.
Ecoregion Map Water World Terrestrial plant

·
Super Moderator
3,251 Posts
You might want to check with the mayors/supervisors in Frankfort, Mohawk, Ilion, Herkimer, and Utica for information on empty spaces. Remington Arms has cut their staff way back at the Ilion plant and there are probably a lot of skilled firearm workers looking for jobs in that field. You could also check with Claudia Tenney's office, she is our Congresswoman for this area and is a staunch gun rights advocate and has fought hard for Remington to stay here.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I do understand New York Having worked i n the South, people do not have the expenses of NY
And also less of a work ethic
Friend runs a MufflerShop in Virginia
Has 5 employees cause only 3 ever show up at a time
Bobby Ray got woman problems
Jonny got a drunk going on
Etc

·
Registered
4 Posts
I would look at Steuben county. City named Hornell. A lot of railroad business come and go. Might be easy to find big, empty buildings. Bath area too. Southern tier of western New York is where I’d look.
Is there a finder’s reward?😎

·
Registered
31 Posts
I would also recommend lower herkimer county…ilion Frankfort herkimer area. There has been a decent amount of development with In the past few years. Even with the down sizing of Remington (now RemArms) it’s seems like the local economy is chugging along. It’s also very republican. I think the majority of people in my development are gun owners.

·
Registered
245 Posts
You might want to check with the mayors/supervisors in Frankfort, Mohawk, Ilion, Herkimer, and Utica for information on empty spaces. Remington Arms has cut their staff way back at the Ilion plant and there are probably a lot of skilled firearm workers looking for jobs in that field. You could also check with Claudia Tenney's office, she is our Congresswoman for this area and is a staunch gun rights advocate and has fought hard for Remington to stay here.
I thought I had heard that Rem Arms rehired most of the old employees under the new ownership last year. But still it’s a great area to look for skilled labor.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I would look at Steuben county. City named Hornell. A lot of railroad business come and go. Might be easy to find big, empty buildings. Bath area too. Southern tier of western New York is where I’d look.
Is there a finder’s reward?😎
I would second that as my son lives up that way and can confirm a lot of empty buildings and decent transport access from 390 and 86.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts