New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know some people are going to say we don't need a pistol permit because it's our right. I agree but it's the way of the land for now. I wish there was a Federal pistol permit that would allow us to carry in ALL states, even better would be a reciprocity of all states to recognize each other's pistol permit's, but this is crazy that i have to get non-resident permits for this and that state but can't for this one leaving me with 40 states I can carry and 10 I can not! We need the Senate to PASS this new reciprocity of 2014! Hopefully after Cuomo and some Democrats are out this November!!!! Please vote this November and get everyone to vote that agree's with us

·
Registered
2,361 Posts
I also wish Cuomo would be swallowed by a sea serpent and be digested very and i mean very slowly.

·
Registered
7,700 Posts
Couldn't agree more Oldtimer, Millions of gun owners won't shoot anybody this year and probably won't vote either. Prove me wrong NY; please.

·
Postmaster General
23,073 Posts
Way of the land for now, so just accept it?

Nah.

·
Registered
4,139 Posts
While I agree that national reciprocity would make traveling with a firearm easier, allowing the federal government to become more involved in our right to keep and bear arms is not something I wish for.

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
I know some people are going to say we don't need a pistol permit because it's our right. I agree but it's the way of the land for now. I wish there was a Federal pistol permit that would allow us to carry in ALL states, even better would be a reciprocity of all states to recognize each other's pistol permit's, but this is crazy that i have to get non-resident permits for this and that state but can't for this one leaving me with 40 states I can carry and 10 I can not! We need the Senate to PASS this new reciprocity of 2014! Hopefully after Cuomo and some Democrats are out this November!!!! Please vote this November and get everyone to vote that agree's with us
If these so called scholars would read it correctly we already have one called the Constitution and the Bill of Rights.

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
I agree in theory, however since the federal gov't is prone to vacillate so dramatically from election to election a federal permit would not be in our favor. National reciprocity however would improve carry rights while providing a buffer against the fed.

·
Registered
3,212 Posts
I know some people are going to say we don't need a pistol permit because it's our right. /end
That is your permit to carry in all 50 states. That is the way it should be. I will not give another mm. The line in my sand has been well crossed.

·
Registered
3,068 Posts
If you ever want to f**k something up get the federal government involved. Never wish for a Federal Permit. Besides, as stated above, it is our constitutional right anyway.

·
Registered
14,522 Posts
im against the permitting system for obvious reasons.... BUT, i dont expect it to go away overnight, so it would be of great benefit to have national reciprocity passed in the mean time. for goodness sake, drivers licenses are recognized nationally, why the hell arent pistol permits (thats rhetorical, because we know damn well they dont want anyone having guns).

after labor day it will be a good time to push our elected officials to get this going on the federal level as they are working to earn our votes. so we need to hammer them with emails asking for this.

then from there, that would force more states to be shall issue which would be a fairly easy win due to heller/mcdonald, and national reciprocity. from there we can work to get rid of the permitting system. baby steps, just like how they took our rights away from us.

·
Registered
4,952 Posts
I know some people are going to say we don't need a pistol permit because it's our right.

Let's clarify though that there is a distinct difference (as the law has defined it) between concealed carry of a pistol and possessing a pistol in one's domicile (possessing, but not carrying concealed). There should be absolutely NO license needed to purchase and possess a pistol at home, this SHOULD be settled case law based on the rulings of Heller/McDonald. Most States do not require licensing for purchasing/possessing a handgun. Concealed carry licensing I agree should be consistent across all 50 States, but whether or not concealed carry is a fundamental right (which would not require a license) is not settled. Most States do have licensing requirements for concealed carry. So standardize the CCW licensing requirements across all States, or a SCOTUS ruling declaring CCW as a fundamental right could make full reciprocity a reality.

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
Let's clarify though that there is a distinct difference (as the law has defined it) between concealed carry of a pistol and possessing a pistol in one's domicile (possessing, but not carrying concealed). There should be absolutely NO license needed to purchase and possess a pistol at home, this SHOULD be settled case law based on the rulings of Heller/McDonald. Most States do not require licensing for purchasing/possessing a handgun. Concealed carry licensing I agree should be consistent across all 50 States, but whether or not concealed carry is a fundamental right (which would not require a license) is not settled. Most States do have licensing requirements for concealed carry. So standardize the CCW licensing requirements across all States, or a SCOTUS ruling declaring CCW as a fundamental right could make full reciprocity a reality.
In your opinion, do you think that will ever happen?

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
technically a federal permit is against the constitution. For us in NY it would be awesome, or make it **** a drivers license, anyone can drive in any state.

·
Postmaster General
23,073 Posts
or....supreme court decision 2015...constitutional carry for all non prohibited persons...go!
More likely: 2015 SCOTUS decision: Constitutional Carry for all non AMERICAN persons.

·
Registered
9,136 Posts
We have gotten so used to going through the permit process and having the idea that we need one that so many Americans have forgotten that we have the Constitution! That is our Permit! Nothing else is needed!!!!!!!!!

We do not need a piece of paper to utilize any other Right in the Constitution; why the hell do we need one for the 2A????????

Such BS!

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
While I agree that national reciprocity would make traveling with a firearm easier, allowing the federal government to become more involved in our right to keep and bear arms is not something I wish for.
the next hook ito the 2A ..
Federal regulation of travel

sorry, but you have been brainwashed by the NY System
go to Virgina, go to the LGS, and walk out with your pistol

·
Registered
14,522 Posts
the next hook ito the 2A ..
Federal regulation of travel

sorry, but you have been brainwashed by the NY System
go to Virgina, go to the LGS, and walk out with your pistol
quick glimps to the year 2025.

The US Border Patrol has implemented a new branch that will have a primary focus on State Borders. With the increase in illegal drug smuggling, illegal arms smuggling and undocumented immigrants, the Federal Government has given grants to each of the 57 states (
) to set up border check points at all major highways. There will be tolls at each of these check points, and you will have to provide your state drivers license to enter or leave any state. There will be no transporting of any firearms, fruits, vegetables, or any livestock without proper permits.

it wont be long til something like this is a reality if we dont put an end to this bs now.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts