New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
I totally support the rally but why would they schedule it on a day and time when most people have to WORK?

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
Some things, like Constitutional rights, are more important than going to work - call in sick!

What irks me is that lots of people I know talk tough - like as if they're ready to go to war - but when I suggest they come to Albany with me on 2/28, they come up with all sorts of lame excuses (gotta work, the dog is sick, gotta vacuum the house or go grocery shopping, etc). Seems to me they'd want to do everything possible to settle this responsibly - and peacefully!

·
Registered
2,276 Posts
Some things, like Constitutional rights, are more important than going to work - call in sick!

What irks me is that lots of people I know talk tough - like as if they're ready to go to war - but when I suggest they come to Albany with me on 2/28, they come up with all sorts of lame excuses (gotta work, the dog is sick, gotta vacuum the house or go grocery shopping, etc). Seems to me they'd want to do everything possible to settle this responsibly - and peacefully!
Hey that's MY avatar

·
Registered
16,118 Posts
I totally support the rally but why would they schedule it on a day and time when most people have to WORK?
How many times does this have to be brought up? We went on a Saturday in Jan, now we will be there on the 28th. If you can't take off, donate to an organization. Time or money, take your pick. Frankly, it gets old hearing the bitching. How's this people. Say something constructive or move on. It doesn't help to do nothing but complain. I wonder if the folks that complain the most do anything else to try and change things. Get with the program people, get involved and never quit! I'll get off my soapbox now.

·
Registered
431 Posts

Most people are cowards in this day and age. An American citizen hasn't had to fight for anything since the civil war. Unless you are part of the 1% who has actually put on the uniform and done a tour of duty I would never expect any action. I am all about going to these rallys and showing support and I will be there on the 28th with a few folks from work but in the end they will not accomplish much because all these politicians have the support of washington and thats all they do care about. I am fairly certain even come election time most of them will never get voted out because most reside in NYC where they suck the government teet and have no incentive to stand up for their rights. So until the day when real action comes to the table I doubt any real change will happen except for the the loss of more and more of our rights.

End rant.

·
Registered
183 Posts
this will not be my first trip to Albany supporting our second admn't rightsI hope many many like minded people show up last year thousands of supporters came the well was sholder to sholder on 2floors and the stairs, this year hopefuly 10 times more show up I come with S.A.F.E. we charter a bus and set up a table in the well and try to reeducate mis guided people
Any one wishig to go with us feel free to contact me for details

·
Registered
52 Posts
Because we need to be in their faces. They need to see, hear, and feel us. That cannot be accomplished through email, phone calls, or weekend rallies when they're not around. This is not just a rally this is a lobby day where we go to their offices and intimidate them (not with threats,simply with the power of the people), we remind them they are the subordinates. We really can't just support the rally, we need to support the movement. That movement is to get this country back into the control of the people that produce and sustain this country, and out of the control of leeches willing to sell their freedoms for chains disgued as comfort, and from the politicians who will sell tyranny disguised as safety.

Instead of asking us - why on a work day?- take a step back and look into the eyes of the men who took off 8yrs of work to fight against a British Goliath so we could have our freedoms, look them in the eyes and ask them why you should take 1 day off from work.
Tell your children about the life, limb, and family sacrifices our forefathers gave to secure our freedoms and our veterans gave to preserve our freedoms and then explain to them you can't sacrifice a day off from work.

If we do not overturn this NY unSAFE Act and put an end to the Washington gun-grab bills, then there will be something happening much more time consuming than a rally and you won't have a any job to worry about.

We are the new guard. We were handed down our liberties from the generation before us and through the sacrifices of our veterans. It is now our DUTY to hand them down to our children. If we do not over turn this unconstituional unSAFE Act we have failed our children and we have made for nothing every sacrifice of life, limb, and family that our veterans made. I for 1 refuse to be a part of the generation that leaves their children one nation under tyranny.

When people blame the gun-grabbing libs and tyrants for the mess we're in I say to them: "We can hate them all we want, but we better hate ourselves more because it wasn't their actions that got us here, it was our inactions."

I'm ashamed of myself for sleeping as long as I did and letting it get to this point. I apologize to our veterans and to our children and I vow to redeem myself to them or die trying.

It's time for us to be heard, it's time for us to Speak Without Fear, and it's time for us to take off 1,2,3 or as many days as necessary to pass on freedom to our children. A day off or even the loss of a job is hardly a sacrifice compared to our veterans.

And no I'm not talking crap because I'm rich and can afford it or because I'm on welfare and don't need a job. I'm not even middle class, I work to scrape by like most people do. I just happen to care about freedom more than I do money. I'll take poor and free over any income level and tyranny. If we don't get our kids out of this mess now, how the hell are they supposed to do it later?

"If there must be trouble, let it be in my day, that my child may have peace" ~ Thomas Paine

I need your help in this fight and our children need your help so just please come join us and make this the biggest march on the NY Capitol Building ever seen. Even if you get fired, as a man of God you surely must know that for every door that closes another one opens. If you need help with the bus fare some organizations that arranged the buses have donated seats; call the bus in your area and find out. It's all about getting as many people as possible to the Capitol not about making money off of the bus runs. Our buses are free to under 18 and have donated/sponsored seats for those unable to come up with the fare, but want to be a part of it . I'll put the info up in next post.

Hope to see you there Mike,
Tom Maerling ---Speak Without Fear--- unkown

·
Registered
856 Posts

I am getting the same attitude from my family, the guy's at work. What the F***. I will be there!!

·
Registered
856 Posts
Because we need to be in their faces. They need to see, hear, and feel us. That cannot be accomplished through email, phone calls, or weekend rallies when they're not around. This is not just a rally this is a lobby day where we go to their offices and intimidate them (not with threats,simply with the power of the people), we remind them they are the subordinates. We really can't just support the rally, we need to support the movement. That movement is to get this country back into the control of the people that produce and sustain this country, and out of the control of leeches willing to sell their freedoms for chains disgued as comfort, and from the politicians who will sell tyranny disguised as safety.

Instead of asking us - why on a work day?- take a step back and look into the eyes of the men who took off 8yrs of work to fight against a British Goliath so we could have our freedoms, look them in the eyes and ask them why you should take 1 day off from work.
Tell your children about the life, limb, and family sacrifices our forefathers gave to secure our freedoms and our veterans gave to preserve our freedoms and then explain to them you can't sacrifice a day off from work.

If we do not overturn this NY unSAFE Act and put an end to the Washington gun-grab bills, then there will be something happening much more time consuming than a rally and you won't have a any job to worry about.

We are the new guard. We were handed down our liberties from the generation before us and through the sacrifices of our veterans. It is now our DUTY to hand them down to our children. If we do not over turn this unconstituional unSAFE Act we have failed our children and we have made for nothing every sacrifice of life, limb, and family that our veterans made. I for 1 refuse to be a part of the generation that leaves their children one nation under tyranny.

When people blame the gun-grabbing libs and tyrants for the mess we're in I say to them: "We can hate them all we want, but we better hate ourselves more because it wasn't their actions that got us here, it was our inactions."

I'm ashamed of myself for sleeping as long as I did and letting it get to this point. I apologize to our veterans and to our children and I vow to redeem myself to them or die trying.

It's time for us to be heard, it's time for us to Speak Without Fear, and it's time for us to take off 1,2,3 or as many days as necessary to pass on freedom to our children. A day off or even the loss of a job is hardly a sacrifice compared to our veterans.

And no I'm not talking crap because I'm rich and can afford it or because I'm on welfare and don't need a job. I'm not even middle class, I work to scrape by like most people do. I just happen to care about freedom more than I do money. I'll take poor and free over any income level and tyranny. If we don't get our kids out of this mess now, how the hell are they supposed to do it later? "If there must be trouble, let it be in my day, that my child may have peace" ~ Thomas Paine

I need your help in this fight and our children need your help so just please come join us and make this the biggest march on the NY Capitol Building ever seen. Even if you get fired, as a man of God you surely must know that for every door that closes another one opens. If you need help with the bus fare some organizations that arranged the buses have donated seats; call the bus in your area and find out. It's all about getting as many people as possible to the Capitol not about making money off of the bus runs. Our buses are free to under 18 and have donated/sponsored seats for those unable to come up with the fare, but want to be a part of it . I'll put the info up in next post.

Hope to see you there Mike,
Tom Maerling ---Speak Without Fear--- unkown
Thank You. You said much better than I could have.

·
Registered
938 Posts
What is more important one day of work or your freedom?

As was mentioned we wouldn't be a country if our forefathers didn't want to take time off from their LIVES in order to be free!

Stand up for the Constitution that so many have fought and died for. Take a day, a week, a month or years off to be free!

·
Registered
52 Posts
ULSTER COUNTY BUSES HAVE BEEN ARRANGED FOR 3 PICK-UP LOCATIONS BY
THE FEDERATED SPORTSMEN'S CLUBS OF ULSTER COUNTY
You Don't Have To Belong to Any Club & You Don't Have to Take A Bus to Attend.
Car, Boat, Train, Plane; Just Grab As Many People As You Can & Show Up To Help Literally Fill The Halls Of Congress.

Please Arrive 15 Min. Early To Leave Time For Parking & Roll Call
1ST PICK-UP LEAVES ACCORDFIREHOUSE AT 6:45 SHARP
2ND PICK-UP LEAVES STONE RIDGE FIREHOUSE AT 7:05 SHARP
3RD PICK-UP LEAVES HUDSON VALLEY MALL (MACY'S) AT 7:30 SHARP

SEATSARE $20.00 - UNDER 18YRs OLD RIDES FREE

Reservations Can Be Made by Mail or In Person At These Local Businesses
Ruger's Custom Guns, 1050 Morton Blvd. Kingston, N.Y. -845-336-7106
Tom's Taxidermy (Bait & Tackle) 7109 Route 209 Wawarsing, NY - 845-647-8157
Hot Shotz Bar & Grill, 8 42nd St. Kerhonkson, N.Y. - 845-626-7371
Catskill Mountains Firearms, LLC, 89 Stiller Berg Strada, Kerhonkson, NY -845-626-7676
Wildlife Encounters Taxidermy, 300 Wynkoop, Road Hurley, NY - 845-338-1242
Pro Fitness Gym, 95 Canal St., Ellenville, N.Y. - 845-943-9115
Jame's General, 46 Main St., Napanoch, N.Y. - 845-647-5973
All Catskill Hearing Aid Center, 343 E Broadway, Monticello, NY - (845) 794-7766

To reserve a seat by mail send a check or money order payable to F.S.C.U.C.
in the amount of $20 per person. It can be mailed to:

F.S.C.U.C.
ATTN: Elmer LeSuer
PO Box 3873
Kingston, NY 12402

Include name, phone and email of passengers, as well as which one of the three pick-up locations each passenger wants to get on and off, so I can have a good passenger log on the day of the trip.

FOR COMPLETE RALLY DETAILS VISIT:
www.GA2A.ORG
http://www.ga2a.org/?p=432

FOR BUSES FROM OTHER COUNTIES VISIT:
www.SCOPENY.org and www.NYSRPA.org

TO CHAT ABOUT THIS AND OTHER NY unSAFE Act MATTERS VISIT
HudsonValleySportsman.com

·
Registered
46 Posts
When this first started I jumped on someone's sh*t for bitching about the day of the week it was on and nobody really said boo about it. Now by reading this thread, I can see our efforts are working and spreading. I am happy to be here with real Americans!

·
Registered
52 Posts
Goin and bringing some friends who also beleive in the 2nd amendment.
Absolutely. My wife and I are going and we're taking our 17yr old out of school to go. Then I asked his girlfriend's parents for permission to take her and her 16yr old brother out of school to go and they said yes.

I've been taking my son to the local/county board meetings as much as I can. It's boring as hell for him, but he's actually starting to ask questions/ interact (with me not the board) where before he would just ignore it all. I have to confess though, I've only been going to speak out on the 2A issues and not staying for all matters like I should.

"It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men." ~ Frederick Douglass

By the way NYSRPA is asking that we bring our wives, daughters, mothers, and or girlfriends because the media loves to harp on how it's just a bunch of backwoods old males that care about this.

·
Registered
3,751 Posts
Western New York has responded.
There are at least 18 buses coming from West New York.
For a list of other buses see SCOPE and NYSPRA web site.

Something tells me the poor little state workers won't be able to get their egg mcmuffin that day.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Western New York has responded.
There are at least 18 buses coming from West New York.
For a list of other buses see SCOPE and NYSPRA web site.
Last year we had 1 bus (not even full). This year we are on our 3rd and confident about fourth. I've been telling people this gun-grab just may be a blessing in disguise for us. we all just need to keep the memories fresh in our heads until 2014. Although we do get to do our county legislators this year.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.