New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
16,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Father sentenced to 6 months in jail for paying too much child support | Police State USA

"A father will spend half of 2014 behind bars for doing too much for his son. After overpaying child support and seeing his son too often - breaking terms that were secretly modified without his knowledge - a judge sentenced him to a lengthy jail sentence.

Clifford Hall has been doing his best to give care to his 11-year-old son, who lives with his ex-wife. He pays his child support and visits regularly. "I'm his father it's my responsibility to take care of him," Hall said."

When are people going to wake up? Our government is OUT OF CONTROL

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
wow.Shouldnt they be out arresting the dead beats that are NOT paying the child support?Just when you think you have heard it all eh.

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Child support reminds me of when I used to pump gas. And every week these bimbos in Hummers, escalades, navigators, and any other obnoxious luxury SUV, would fill there tanks, and pull out there state issued child support debit cards to pay. Bitches......

·
Registered
651 Posts
There's got to be more to this story. The only way those things could have been changed without his knowledge is if he didn't get the orders to appear in court for a modification. I didn't hear his attorney say he didn't get served. When Idaho began taking my child support from my check, they sent me and my employer the order for the withholding from my paycheck. I don't see how this can stick if he wasn't served. But if he was, and just ignored the order, then yes, it will happen.

Juanjo......don't make this a racial issue. The father, his lawyer or the community activist didn't make it a racial issue in the video. Why must people make everything a race issue? I'm as sick of that as I am the state trying to take my guns.

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
sorry if it make you sick, but unfortunately is just reality.

I don't know which one is a worst example of it.
the rich teen walking free after killing 4 driving drunk or this guy going to jail for overpaying child support and "overvisiting" his own son.

·
Registered
651 Posts
sorry if it make you sick, but unfortunately is just reality.

I don't know which one is a worst example of it.
the rich teen walking free after killing 4 driving drunk or this guy going to jail for overpaying child support and "overvisiting" his own son.
I guess you didn't comprehend the 2nd part of my last post.

If he was sent to jail based on his race, and the people involved are making accusation that it was racial, then yeah, make comments about race. But none of that is present in the article. Again. Why must you bring race into an issue where race is not even at issue? He was sent to jail for a stupid reason. Maybe that's what should be focused on. No, I take that back, That's what SHOULD be focused on.

·
Registered
297 Posts
The is one system that needs to be overhauled. Don't know how many others out there who are paying support but everytime I have to do anything with the courts it's always set up against the father.

·
Registered
651 Posts
The is one system that needs to be overhauled. Don't know how many others out there who are paying support but everytime I have to do anything with the courts it's always set up against the father.
It does need to be overhauled. I think it's only right to pay child support. I have no problem paying it. But I do have a problem with the amount. Everything is based on gross income. After all deductions, I pay exactly half of my take home pay on child support. That does not include 74% of child care care that I must pay or 74% of any medical bills that I must pay. My ex-wife makes almost as much in her job as I do. In whose mind is this fair? What makes it worse, is she's the one who filed for divorce!

·
Registered
297 Posts
Yeah my ex and her boyfriend live quiet comfortably off my paycheck. They won't get married so his income doesn't count against her. She even had the nerve to ask if she could cancel the support order so they could get food stamps since my paycheck puts her over the threshold. I do believe that for any state to calculate their payments based on gross income is stupidly unfair since most people lose the majority of their checks to taxes.

·
Registered
651 Posts
DWrath...want to hear something that will really tick you off? I have really good insurance. My employer provided insurance pays for all of the medical costs for me and my kids. No monthly premium for me or my kids. They are on my insurance. It changed at the beginning of the year, so it is even better than it was last year. My employer contributes to a HSA for each employee every year. It pretty much covers the deductible and then some. I never have any out of pocket expenses for medical care. Anyway, I just found out that my kids are enrolled in Medicaid in Idaho. My ex told me that the state told her that because of her income, the kids are eligible. But the state requires me to carry health insurance on my kids! Depending on the doctor, and the time of day the visit is, determines who gets billed. The State of Idaho, or my insurance. The State of Idaho KNOWS they are on my insurance! I was floored. Talk about the need for overhaul.

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
Probably one of the few people who actually pays child support and sees their kid and he gets punished for it. "Awesome".

Now his job, his kid, and his entire life has been compromised because some retarded judge thought she was doing the world better by sending this guy to jail for 1/2 a year. What a joke.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts