New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
3,406 Posts
"fast and furious" is all Obama's baby, no doubt, but Bush was doing a much similar program on his watch.

Operation Wide Receiver didn't end up with a dead officer like Brian Terry, that's why it's largely gone unnoticed.

Obama simply stepped it up to a level of unimaginable incompetence.

· Registered
4,955 Posts
There have been countless "Fast and Furious"-like operations under previous administrations dating back to Nixon when he stated that America was declaring War on Drugs, since drugs were "America's biggest enemy". It's based on the logic that cartels and drug lords love their coke and firearms...so why not let a few US military class weapons make their way into the hands of El Guapo the drug lord so that the US can trace the arms and snuff him out? This comes at a big cost, of course - cartels can more effectively carry out countless executions and murders having access to US military weapons. In this case one of our own wound up murdered by one of these very weapons. The fact is that it could've (and might have) happened under previous administrations. This one was caught by the media and hopefully as a result this "Fast and Furious" BS will grind to a halt permanently. We can only hope the same bodes true for the Drug War in the not-so-distant future.

· Registered
13,297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My point is that Obama is passing blame yet again. Very presidential, don't you think. Of course he has not accomplished much so I suppose he shouldn't be held accountable for much either. Latest example is placing blame on the attack of our embassy and execution of an US diplomat on a year old posting of a film that hurt the religious feelings of Muslims. Of course, blame Americans, not his failed kumbaya policies on the ME. It pathetic really.

· Registered
3,406 Posts
This clown is as bad of President as I've seen in my lifetime, which is no small accomplishment given the previous idiot in office. Blame is all Obama can do, it's his default position rather than account for his own actions. The "video" excuse for the region being on fire is laughable, and even the most loyal of Obama apologists know how silly that excuse truly is. That said, it's amazing to me that this guy is still in the running, and very likely will win in the end. This is what happens when we nominate a guy like Romney, who's political instincts and tin ear to public opinion defies reason. Maybe he turns it around with the debates, I hope it's the case, but won't be surprised if we end up with another 4 years.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.