New York Firearms Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The real tragedy of America's gun violence - Global Public Square - CNN.com Blogs

Amazing how he thinks that banning guns will make overall crime go down, when first, criminals do not care what laws are in place and second, he says this country has a problem with mental illness but not anymore than that of other countries. He doesn't take our large population into consideration nor does he use ratio analysis with mental illness.

His article is skewed towards the mentally ill who have committed crimes with guns but not the hundreds of mentally unstable people who have attacked with knives, cars and other weapons (not to mention that the mental crime stats of the other nations he mentions are not even an issue!). That's why this article is pure propaganda!

·
Registered
16,118 Posts
Sorry, can't bring myself to read this crap. Wouldn't expect anything less. I may not mind hearing from someone who was experienced about a topic or had personal experience with that which they write. I am so tired though of hearing opinions from those who have no practical experience with that which they write. I don't want to know what someone thinks is, I want to know WHAT IS! When you do this, you take away EVERY anti-gun opinion because none of them are based on WHAT IS, or facts.

·
Registered
3,768 Posts
"Every time there is a serious gun massacre in the United States – and alas these are fairly common – the media focuses on the twisted psychology of the shooter and asks why we don't pay more attention to detecting and treating mental illness."

Are you kidding me?! Every time there's a mass shooting all I ever see on TV are why we don't do more to ban guns! I almost never hear anything about addressing mental illness. At best it's given lip service and then right back to why we should be banning guns.

·
Registered
2,719 Posts
Another reason to ignore the CNN commentators.....a muslim hired by anti-American middle eastern media moguls..what do you expect?

·
Registered
442 Posts
I hope somebody like Stossel makes a special that counters this. I doubt it will happen though, all of the networks are anti-gun, Fox included.

·
Registered
6,323 Posts
Maybe he (?) should move back to the lands of his ancestors if America is so unsafe.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts