New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
13,297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was shot 80 years ago today. I would think most of you have seen it before. Turns out that two of the workers are related to a very close friend of mine. One was his grandfather and another was some sort of great uncle. I believe they are sitting next to each other about three in from the left. They were both American Indians (Mohawk) from upstate NY. Just saw the article and thought I'd pass it along.

80 Years of 'Lunch atop a Skyscraper' - Metropolis - WSJ

· Registered
4,147 Posts
How far we've come in 80 years. That pic could never be taken today, what with all the new safety regulations, governmental overreach, and such. I mean, one of those guys is clearly holding a soft drink that's larger than 16oz.

· Registered
8,342 Posts
I love and hate the photo at the same time. I get scared just looking at it!

· Registered
90 Posts
How far we've come in 80 years. That pic could never be taken today, what with all the new safety regulations, governmental overreach, and such. I mean, one of those guys is clearly holding a soft drink that's larger than 16oz.
Yes, that is not an OSHA approved lunch area and Bloomberg will have his food police on them once they are on the ground.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.