New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 61 Posts

· Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tomorrow kicks off the Senate hearings on new bills for New Jersey. Some special guests will be in attendance. (I wonder who is footing the airfare bill?)

Families of Sandy Hook shooting victims headed to Trenton to lobby lawmakers | NJ.com

TRENTON - Families of children killed in the Sandy Hook Elementary School massacre will be in Trenton on Tuesday to lobby lawmakers to pass a stricter limit on the size ammunition magazines, The Star-Ledger has learned.
Nicola Bocour, project director for the anti-gun violence group Ceasfire New Jersey, said several family members of four victims will visit the Statehouse.

"it's a strong call to action in New Jersey," said Bocour.

Bryan Miller, executive director of Heeding God's Call - a faith-based organization that pushes for more gun control measures - said the visit is in response to the lack of action on a key bill in the Senate.

"They're here to lend their support and their voices to the effort to get the ammunition magazine limitation considered as soon as possible," said Miler. "In fact, it should be right now."

The visit comes the same day the Senate Law and Public Safety Committee plans to take up seven bills aimed at reducing gun violence, the "centerpiece" of which would create an electronic database to allow for instant background checks for gun buyers.
But Sweeney has resisted calls to call a vote on a bill that would further restrict the permitted size of ammunition magazines, from 15 to 10. The Assembly passed a bill to do that in March, and Assembly Majority Leader Lou Greenwald (D-Camden) said he does not want to pass a package of bills without that component.

The families plan to meet with Sweeney (D-Gloucester), as well as several lawmakers who support the ban, including Democratic gubernatorial candidate Barbara Buono. They also plan a Statehouse press conference and a meeting with Gov. Chris Christie's staff.

· Postmaster General
23,190 Posts
I wonder why people are questioning the legatamacy of this whole situation..:

· Registered
1,563 Posts
Ok guys & gals tell me if I'am cold hearted. I think they turned the tragic shooting into a mission to avoid facing the hurt of losing a love one,to me now they are a Anti Gun Lobby group using thier dead to do it.

· Registered
8,594 Posts
Ok guys & gals tell me if I'am cold hearted. I think they turned the tragic shooting into a mission to avoid facing the hurt of losing a love one,to me now they are a Anti Gun Lobby group using thier dead to do it.
Well I think that is probably a little harsh. I am sure the vast majority of them believes in good faith what they are advocating for will make a difference. Problem is, their loved ones were killed by an AR (leave tin foil hat off this time please) and they see it as an evil baby killer. None of these people ever owned one, or knows a family member that has one clearly. They buy that is is an evil assault weapon capable of breathing fire and shooting anything in its path and that no other rifle can do that. They have not researched this one bit and don't know that only five murders out of 768 in New York last year were committed with a long gun of any kind, and that includes the Webster shootings.

So now they are one issue lobbyists and that I actually understand. It is unfortunate though that the majority of them did not really research and see what the real threats are, and that is mentally unhealthy people and dangerous criminals that are released too early, or never jailed or hospitalized in the first place. Their hearts are in the right place, but they don't know their heads from their arses unfortunately. They have a microphone though and are glad to use it for their 15 minutes of fame.

· Registered
1,186 Posts
I'm still not convinced anyone died at Sandy Hook that day.

· Registered
8,594 Posts
I'm still not convinced anyone died at Sandy Hook that day.
You are kidding right? I get sarcasm probably only 50% of the time online it seems and there are so many tin foil hat allegations. But are you serious you think the entire event was faked?

· Registered
695 Posts
I agree, no different than one issue Carolyn McCarthy. This is not being cold, it's just a fact. They would never have given "Gun Control" a second though if it wasn't for their personal tragic loss.

I pray they can find some level of comfort for their remaining days, but they probably never will. If what they are doing helps them cope so be it (even if it is miss guided and will do nothing to help save the "children) I won't hold it against them.

· Registered
6,222 Posts
I agree, no different than one issue Carolyn McCarthy. This is not being cold, it's just a fact. They would never have given "Gun Control" a second though if it wasn't for their personal tragic loss.

I pray they can find some level of comfort for their remaining days, but they probably never will. If what they are doing helps them cope so be it (even if it is miss guided and will do nothing to help save the "children) I won't hold it against them.
I agree. I find their exploitation of the massacre to be incredibly disgusting though.

· Head of Bacon Operations
3,679 Posts
First let me state I personally know of 3 children attending that school. 1 of them was killed, 2 of them are the children of someone I grew up with. They are all most definitely real. They were really given birth to, and really loved, and really missed. They are real. I question why some details were kept secretive but I do not question that this death was 100% real. I question that the weapons associated with these crimes are not factually correct. And I also question that politicians are abusing the hurt these families are feeling with false promises that fighting the war on guns will somehow make these losses less painful.

· Registered
4,514 Posts
so what happened then?
Clearly it must have been a coverup involving thousands of media members, hundreds of family members, a dozen law enforcement agencies encompassing hundreds of LEOs, dozens of doctors and paramedics, and the children must have been flown to Mexico. That must be the most reasonable and simple explanation.

Sound stupid yet?

It should.

· Postmaster General
23,190 Posts
First let me state I personally know of 3 children attending that school. 1 of them was killed, 2 of them are the children of someone I grew up with. They are all most definitely real. They were really given birth to, and really loved, and really missed. They are real. I question why some details were kept secretive but I do not question that this death was 100% real. I question that the weapons associated with these crimes are not factually correct. And I also question that politicians are abusing the hurt these families are feeling with false promises that fighting the war on guns will somehow make these losses less painful.
This is my view. I think that unfortunately people did die, but not in any manner near the official story.

I'm not buying the Shotgu...sig...Glock 10m...sagi...Ar-15 story one bit.

· Registered
7,787 Posts
Well I think that is probably a little harsh. I am sure the vast majority of them believes in good faith what they are advocating for will make a difference. Problem is, their loved ones were killed by an AR (leave tin foil hat off this time please) and they see it as an evil baby killer. None of these people ever owned one, or knows a family member that has one clearly. They buy that is is an evil assault weapon capable of breathing fire and shooting anything in its path and that no other rifle can do that. They have not researched this one bit and don't know that only five murders out of 768 in New York last year were committed with a long gun of any kind, and that includes the Webster shootings.

So now they are one issue lobbyists and that I actually understand. It is unfortunate though that the majority of them did not really research and see what the real threats are, and that is mentally unhealthy people and dangerous criminals that are released too early, or never jailed or hospitalized in the first place. Their hearts are in the right place, but they don't know their heads from their arses unfortunately. They have a microphone though and are glad to use it for their 15 minutes of fame.
I don't think it's harsh at all. These patents apparently don't have mortgages or gas and electric bills to pay. They have spent the last 12 weeks or so doing nothing but pushing the anti-gun agenda. they have not had time to grieve. The NObama administration has been pushing these poor folks to do his bidding. They NEED, no, they must go home and take care of themselves and get out of the spot light for a while.

· Registered
16,164 Posts
Still waiting for the inner city parents from Chicago who have lost their kids to violence to be invited to any of these anti gun events. Bueler...Bueler... anyone. Guess the anti's don't feel they can garner sympathy and anger with these folks to have our rights and firearms taken away. Pure scum! (those manipulating these poor families)

1 - 20 of 61 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.