81 State Fair Blvd.
Syracuse, New York 13209

Adults: $6.00
Seniors: $5.00
Children 12 & Under Free w/adult

September 15-16
Saturday 9:00am - 5:00pm
Sunday 9:00am - 3:00pm

Every year I look forward to this show, regardless of whether or not I find good things there. It's easily the biggest show I can regularly make and is within what I consider reasonable driving distance. I think this time around, I'll be looking for just the basics: ammo, mags, and my NRA renewal + free hat. Although, it would be nice to bring home an M44 Mosin Nagant carbine to replace my 91/30, which I love but is just too damn big and awkward with that bayonet.

·
Registered
710 Posts
Ive been disappointed the past couple shows. Its always way over crowded, very hard to find "good deals," and you have to sift through the junk...always walking out empty handed. My family and I usually go to the show, leave disappointed, then go to bass pro in Auburn, and other random gun shops, just to feel better and buy something cool.

·
Registered
64 Posts
How many parts dealers show up there?. I am always looking for carcano ,arisaka and mauser small parts.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I never really paid attention to all of the various parts dealers, unless they had AR and AK parts. They should at least have some stuff for Mausers. Dealers selling complete rifles outnumber parts dealers by a pretty wide margin, though.

·
Super Moderator
3,227 Posts
Ive been disappointed the past couple shows. leave disappointed, then go to bass pro in Auburn, and other random gun shops, just to feel better and buy something cool.
We have been going out to Coppertop for chow after the show. Makes it worth the trip out even if I don't buy anything at the show. :)

·
Registered
8,557 Posts
I'll try to attend this one. I'll try to wear my high rollers T-shirt so you all can avoid me if you wish, lol.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hmm, the CopperTop Tavern? Can't say I've been there before, though after looking at the menu, I should change that. More than likely, I'll have my father and younger bro with me. I'll have to treat them.

·
Super Moderator
3,227 Posts
Hmm, the CopperTop Tavern? Can't say I've been there before, though after looking at the menu, I should change that. More than likely, I'll have my father and younger bro with me. I'll have to treat them.
We may be able to get a group of members from here to get together. We've done this in the past with some success. It's nice to get to meet FTF and visit with other members. When the time gets closer, I'll start a thread and see what we can put together.

·
Registered
2,445 Posts
They really need to tell the Nazi memorabilia guys to find somewhere else to peddle that crap.

·
Formerly SRV1
4,720 Posts
They really need to tell the Nazi memorabilia guys to find somewhere else to peddle that crap.
I kind of agree. I hate going to gun shows and seeing flea market tables. That crap does not belong at a gun show. Nazi stuff does not bother me but sick and tired of seeing the same old crap at these gun shows.

James

·
Registered
2,983 Posts
We have been going out to Coppertop for chow after the show. Makes it worth the trip out even if I don't buy anything at the show. :)
for whatever reason everyone cancelled dinner at the last show...I live in skaneateles you could have came out and shot coyotes or wild pigs

·
Registered
549 Posts
I would agree with the disapointed statment. My old man and I go to both shows every year and it just seems to be getting worse all the craft crap and belts. Its not a craft show its a gun show. It should be crowded as well this year as it is an election year,The prices will be high just like four years ago when a $400 AK was going for $900. And yet I still go with the hope of finding that one great deal, that usually never comes. But I still like to look at guns.

·
Registered
4 Posts
So am I to assume I would be very lucky if I can find a preban AR15 for a descent price? Also will anybody be there for Erie county, in case I find a good price on a handgun?

·
Premium Member
4,398 Posts
well...im about packed for the show aside from the guns which will be packed up tomorrow morning...
Ive got boxes of preban 30s and some 20s to drag with me. Date stamped, non date stamped, USGI Aluminum mags, polymer mags, some post ban new production USGI aluminums, Tapcos, and of course an unhealthy amount of PMags.

MTM-MFG will have about NY legal AR15s (M4 carbine types, and even a 20inch or two). Lower stripped receivers, possibly a few AKs (most are pre-sold for people attending the show), a few preban guns, and other random military style guns.

Looking forward to a good weekend. Hopefully ill have more than a few seconds away from my table to browse myself.

@Centola + Fry. Im sure ill run into you guys.

·
awesome for hire.
3,608 Posts
I'll be there about 4pm to quickly walk the show and then visit with Chris.

·
Registered
214 Posts
I will hopefully be able to make it up there Sunday. I was hoping to have $ to pick up an 870 or a 7.62x39 AR upper but it looks like i wont anx will just be looking for some stuff for my SKS. I am really hoping someone there will have some Tapco magazines or even a fixed 20rnd mag for ny SKs and maybe a dust cover scope mount. We will see. I also need to pick up some ammo boxes and possibly some ammo.

·
Premium Member
4,398 Posts
I will hopefully be able to make it up there Sunday. I was hoping to have $ to pick up an 870 or a 7.62x39 AR upper but it looks like i wont anx will just be looking for some stuff for my SKS. I am really hoping someone there will have some Tapco magazines or even a fixed 20rnd mag for ny SKs and maybe a dust cover scope mount. We will see. I also need to pick up some ammo boxes and possibly some ammo.
friendly word of advice... avoid the dust cover optics mount. OT i know but...just gotta tell you, those things are junk and a waste of money. They dont hold zero for crap. I went and tried with one long ago and learned my lesson. I wish I had read up on it before plunking down the $25-30 i paid for the thing.

If you want optics on a SKS...get it done right. Have a scope rail professionally installed. Thats the only way to do it right.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
Hey Dieter, you're going to have a table there right? Are you going to have any Glock 19's? If so, I'd like to ask some questions about their dates of manufacture, any features they have on them, and other things.

Also, would you happen to know any other vendors that will or may have handguns for sale?

1 - 20 of 60 Posts