New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Making a new AR upper build. Can I put a fake suppressor on the barrel? Its basically does not extend the length of the barrel. Its more like a sleeve that is screwed on to the threaded barrel. I just wanted something to protect the threads on the barrel. I don't want to use a thread protector. Do I need to get this pinned and weld?

·
Postmaster General
23,073 Posts
If it's not pinned and welded, you still have a threaded barrel.

·
Registered
1,861 Posts
I'd say your good but it's definitely gonna draw some attention to you

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok, will get it pinned and weld. I was planning to bounce it back and forth to Thordsen stock set up and a fixed mag set up. I have a ARMR2 set up with the set screw epoxied (FIXED set up). I don't know about getting any attention. I have an GSG 5 SD set up with a fake suppressor and no one said a peep about it or even gave it a second look at the range. However, the GSG 5 rifle is registered like the people did with their firearms in Germany with Hitler. FUAC!!

Would red loctite be good enough. I deal with that a lot at work.

·
Postmaster General
23,073 Posts
Ok, will get it pinned and weld. I was planning to bounce it back and forth to Thordsen stock set up and a fixed mag set up. I have a ARMR2 set up with the set screw epoxied (FIXED set up). I don't know about getting any attention. I have an GSG 5 SD set up with a fake suppressor and no one said a peep about it or even gave it a second look at the range. However, the GSG 5 rifle is registered like the people did with their firearms in Germany with Hitler. FUAC!!

Would red loctite be good enough. I deal with that a lot at work.
Uhh, that's not entirely true about the GSG 5s.

They were recalled by the ATF because of that fake can. I had to send my fake suppressor back (when I owned one of course...) and get a new one.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Uhh, that's not entirely true about the GSG 5s.

They were recalled by the ATF because of that fake can. I had to send my fake suppressor back (when I owned one of course...) and get a new one.
I too got that done. The original was only a hollow piece of sleeve tube, but it some how lowered the decibels of shooting the GSG 5. The new one is now a 2 piece welded sleeve (inner and outer) that makes firing the GSG 5 audible.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts