New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
12,953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Don't know why I'm thinking about this now but I bought a new 10/22 a few weeks ago that included a Weaver style rail to mount scope. Four holes in rail and four screws in 10/22. Seems simple enough. Problem is only two of the holes line up with the factory screws. Anybody run into this before? Does Ruger make various rails and I just got the wrong one? Is two screws enough to mount the scope (spent more on the scope than the gun). If I should mount with four screws is it better to drill and tap the gun or try to modify the rail to match the factory screw placement? Do they make an aftermarket rail to match the 10/22? Sorry for all the questions. Any help or advice is appreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
12,953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Turn it around?
Ha, you're killing me :) I'm fairly certain that's not the problem, but if it is, I sure feel dumb...

From memory, there was about 1/2 inch between front an back screws and 3/4 inch on the rail. They looked pretty uniform from front to back, so I don't think turning it around will work. I'll check it out, though.

Thanks for the suggestion.

·
Registered
162 Posts
I agree probably just need to rotate. I mounted the one supplied with my new 10/22 TD and it fit perfect. If rotating doesn't do it I would say Ruger screwed up drilling it.

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
That is the answer, when I was building my last 10/22 I realized that if backwards it will not line up at all.

·
Registered
12,953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
If the answer was to turn it around, I would not reply to this thread and let it die. :D

James
Despite SRV's prudent advise, I'm man enough to own up to my mistakes and admit I had it on backwards... Thanks for the help guys. All good now.

·
Registered
4,994 Posts
Despite SRV's prudent advise, I'm man enough to own up to my mistakes and admit I had it on backwards... Thanks for the help guys. All good now.
Good for you for manning up. Hey, at least you didn't put the barrel on backwards and shoot yourself! LOL

1 - 12 of 12 Posts