New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

· Banned
11,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Facebook & Conflict of Interest with the Obama agenda piss all over the constitution.

Facebook admits error in censoring anti-Obama message - Erik Wemple - The Washington Post

I have been tracking the facts through the media and regardless if Obama actually gave that order or not to deny support to our operatives this is a total disgrace.

Even worse than the current administration pissing all over domestically as well as abroad and leaving our troops and diplomats exposed.
The worse is the fact that here we have people working in the media compounds of facebook and others like them manipulating the media and infringing in the most fundamental rights of the people like the freedom of speech.
Facebook is a whorehouse. I found this in the Washinton post and I am posting this in my facebook and like always take the opportunity to tell the people there to do less darn facebook and more community stuff and find a good way to get reliable information.

· Banned
8,342 Posts
I am about the only guy under 50 that does not have a facebook page. I am way to anti-social for social media.

· Banned
23,190 Posts
Facebook is a marketing mill where you are the product. You are bought and sold everyday. Don't play there.
Is that why I have all these price stickers all over me?

I play there without my tinfoil hat on though. They are usually pretty good about non censoring stuff that might offend people. The hilarious dead baby jokes page still stands amidst all the foamers barking about it.

· Banned
11,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The troubling fact here is that then there is no media that is not owned or manipulated. Independent objective news sources are shrinking.
The related post didn't violate the terms and conditions and it was taken down simply because it didn't favor Obama.
They realized the huge problem and they restored the pages but only when huge pressure was put on them.
FAcebook as well as the media they all are corrupt. No ethics or principals.

· Banned
23,190 Posts
No Facebook or twitter for me. And I am an IT guy. Not a tinfoil hat thing - I just don't feel like telling everyone everything I do or reading about every little thing they're yakking about.

LMS
What if you didn't have to do that? What if you just wanted an easy and fun way to keep up with friends? ;)

A lot of "hate" that facebook gets is unjust.

· Registered
2,689 Posts
As ****ty as this may be you and I don't own facebook. They can take down what they please. I certainly don't want the government telling what i can and can't do with my property.
Actually, we do. Or could. They are a publicly traded company now. If you have investments in index mutual funds, or possibly actively managed ones, you might very well own Facebook. This is the same argument Romney and Obama keep throwing at each other about owning Chinese/outsourcing companies.

Mostly just a little correction, but if you actually want to initiate change, shareholders banding together are a powerful force.

· Registered
1,051 Posts
I have had to avoid/hide certain people on there to maintain personal friendships after I see their politics are deplorable and selfish.

Facebook/Social Media is the worst thing to happen to humanity since... Maybe the plague. Unfiltered retardation from uninformed fools that will repost any falsehood as soon as it's dropped in front of them.

I firmly believe that without social media and the rage of the low hanging fruit that was essentially coordinated on there, Zimmerman wouldn't be facing trial. That's just one thought.

Every time I am on there it disgusts me and makes me fear for our future more and more. Idiocracy has come to fruition.

· Banned
8,342 Posts
That is exactly why I don not have a facebook account! I would lose what little faith I have in humanity.

· Registered
491 Posts
No Facebook or Twitter here either. Keeping up with friends? Text me or call, better yet stop in.

If I wanted to be friends with someone from 20 years ago, we would STILL be friends.

· Registered
813 Posts
I never have and never will do facebook or twittt....Ooooops, I forgot to harvest my crops on farmville:eek:oh:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.