New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
The tag ID is scrambled to make it anonymous.

Uhh huh, I'm sure someone went out of their way to do this :rolleyes:

In other words, reading of the E-ZPasses won't be very useful for uniquely tracking you or your speed
Try doing 90mph between toll booths and see what happens. They most certainly track your speed.

... But you're right, we shouldn't be surprised. Yet I'm still shocked at what they can use to track your every move. Disgusting.

·
Postmaster General
23,073 Posts
The booths track your speed, not the pass.

Unsurprising. They don't push something that hard without an ulterior motive.

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
What if you keep it stored in that super secret decoder bag they give you with the EZ Pass?

·
Registered
5,053 Posts
[/FONT][/SIZE]
Uhh huh, I'm sure someone went out of their way to do this :rolleyes:

Try doing 90mph between toll booths and see what happens. They most certainly track your speed.

... But you're right, we shouldn't be surprised. Yet I'm still shocked at what they can use to track your every move. Disgusting.
When I worked for DOT I got a letter at work saying I went too fast on the thruway. They knew because of my time between the Utica entrance toll and the Canastota exit toll.

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
And my uncle was fined and had his EZPass suspended for speeding through toll booths. That's purely an administrative function of the NYSTA and EZPass.

As for speeding between exits? I've "heard" a lot of stories too. And it turns out that's all they are - stories.

·
Registered
3,857 Posts
Yep, pretty much a non-issue since it is now admitted that your phone's location is actually recorded and stored for years.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.