New York Firearms Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I've got myself a "no ban" GP WASR-10/63 (made in preben style but manufactured in 2011). now I don't care to ruin my weapon by grinding the bayonet lugs down so to make her NY compliant here's my gameplan:

Tackweld barrel and muzzlea break so its no longer "threaded"
remove pistol grip and replace with mmg (monsterman grip)

Now if I'm not mistaken that leaves me with two evil features:
1- bayonet lug
2- accepting detachable high capacity magazines

Am I good??

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
By the way my names rusty, I'm new to the site and looking to be a responsible gun owner and making my weapon compliant by the empire states backwards laws because ill soon be a resident and don't need the man giving me a hastle. Thanks for any help yall

·
Premium Member
4,398 Posts
Or put a tack weld on the bayo lug. You can always grind it off if down the road the laws change or if you move.

·
Registered
1,841 Posts
You can only have one evil feature on a post-ban semi-auto rifle that accepts detachable magazines. Fortunately, the ability to accept detachable magazines isn't one of those features, only a prerequisite on rifles. It does count as a feature on shotguns, though.

If you want something a little more ergonomic, the MMG isn't necessary, you can just use a thumbhole stock.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Awesome much appreciated, a wooden foregrip in the front won't pose a problem as its an accessorie not a feature?

·
Postmaster General
23,073 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Would a bullet button benefit me in the sense of keeping all my features in exchange of the headache of a bullet button

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Would a bullet button benefit me in the sense of keeping all my features in exchange of the headache of a bullet button
no...........you have the same name as dale's alias on king of the hill? why don't i believe that?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts