New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Novel idea. Hopefully it will catch on.

I have serious doubts though as the cost to build per sq ft. will rise up substantially.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Its a pretty lengthy list and even home owners should have this list to do routine, DIY projects!

·
Registered
11,238 Posts
I would have to add...
- Stop lawmakers from screwing up labor laws and therefore make it easier to hire.
- If cannot be made in America always buy from Neighbor / friendly countries and Europe and 100% avoid terrorist supporting and communist countries. The first because they will only invest in destroying the civilized world and the others will not spend 1 cent in here unless it is to take the jobs away.
I wished the civilized world didn't have to depend on the oil coming from terrorist harboring regimes.

Very nice! Thanks for sharing!!!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Just remember to to look for made in the usa on all products, and you will find them, some have it with a flag others just say it on package. Take an extra minute when shopping and look and see what your buying. Remember where are your kids going to work if all you buy is the foriegn CRAP.

·
Formerly SRV1
4,720 Posts
I wonder where the steel is coming from? The nails could be made here in the U.S. but the steel could come from somewhere else and still be legit. I think you are allowed to have a certain percentage of materials coming from U.S. to be labeled as Made in the U.S.A. but do not quote me on that.

James

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
notice none of the highlighted states when they showed where the materials came from was NY =/

Pretty cool though I always try to buy Made In America products whenever possible (clothing is difficult)

·
Postmaster General
23,073 Posts
I support "Made is USA" as much as anyone. Hell, one company, Zippo lighters (I have probably over ~$1000 worth) I buy JUST for that reason (plus the history and guarantee, but that comes with Made in USA). BUT , I am also a realist. Some products are cheaper and considerably more so than US products and in some cases simply can't be US bought. Steve Jobs moved his manufacturing OUT of the us simply BECAUSE of the US of the laws. Apple products are made in China, but designed in the US and I will buy them any day. They may be taking US manufacturing jobs, but that leads to an increase in higher-level PROGRAMMING jobs. The majority of the apps in the App store come from US programmers.

Made in USA is definitely a PLUS when considering a purchase (even if it is just a US company with foreign manufacturing like Spyderco (in some cases) or Apple, but it is by no means the final decider.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I work for my father who owns a garage in Utica and i would love to switch to at least some american made auto parts, but theres only one problem... There aint much!!!! i would have to say that 95% of aftermarket car parts are either chinese or some other asian country. Syracuse NY used to manufacture a couple transmission products, but thanks to our economy, they went bye bye.

·
Registered
274 Posts
If only I could afford to buy American products. It annoys me some days when I have to settle for cheap crap because I'm too poor to afford something made in this country. Oh well, at least my guns were made here (except my 91/30) :patriot:

Also, am I the only one that was waiting for David Muir to be driving a Toyota?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts