New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
894 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone ever used Hessney's Gun Auctions in Geneve to sell any firearms? If, so, did you realize decent prices for the sales?
What percent premium do they take from the sale? I emailed them for some information a few days ago, but haven't heard anything back yet. Are they OK to deal with or not? A friend undergoing some personal problems has about a dozen firearms to sell & this seems like a good way to go, Yes or No, what say you, brothers?

·
Registered
9,137 Posts
I haven't been to that one. Every time i see a gun at an auction it sells for more than it's worth.

I don't know how they do it there but typically there is a 10% buyers fee added to the final auction price. That's how the auction house makes there money. Not sure if they take a cut of bid price also.

·
Registered
894 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just received an email reply from the Hessney Auction Co. Their commission is 20% on any firearm selling up to $ 500.00 . For firearms selling for over $500.00, their commission is 15% of selling price. Open for consignments from 9:30 to 5:00 Mon. thru Fri. 9:00 to noon on Saturdays, or by appointment.
They don't sell with reserve prices but will pass on offers if things don't get a decent opening bid. They have gun & sporting goods auctions scheduled for
Sat. Aug. 18 at 9:30 AM and Sat. Oct. 13 at 9:30 AM. Hessney Auction Co. - 2741 Rte. 14 N - Geneva NY 14456 - a complete listing of firearms to be offered is available at their website.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.