New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
1,504 Posts
Nice gun. Savage model 24? yep got two myself a .22lr over .410 and a .22mag over 20g, two of my favorite guns. When I see one with a new caliber combination its hard not to purchase them. how hard is it to find .222 ammo?

· Banned
1,269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nice gun. Savage model 24? yep got two myself a .22lr over .410 and a .22mag over 20g, two of my favorite guns. When I see one with a new caliber combination its hard not to purchase them. how hard is it to find .222 ammo?
222 ammo all over here!But the one place had the Pizeli (spelling) for around $12,and the other place had Winchester for over $20 OUCH!!!This is the first one I ever seen,I had to have it LOL!!!!

· Registered
5,312 Posts
Jester - nice gun, you'll enjoy it.

I have 22mag/20 gauge and 22lr/20 gauge which make great tree rat exterminators.

Suby - if you want to standardize on 20 gauge, I have an extra 22lr/20 that I would trade you for that 410!

· Registered
907 Posts
looks like a really clean gun. 222 is an excellent round as well. i like the earlier guns before they split the bbl's. they made a bunch of different models of the 24. the side lever break is a little funky looking but works fine. they also had different ways of changing the hammer/bbl selector. i think i gave $50-75 for the first used one i ever bought. those days are long gone but so are the tenite/bakelite stocks they had as well for a while. nice gun, enjoy it.

· Banned
1,269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Jester - nice gun, you'll enjoy it.

I have 22mag/20 gauge and 22lr/20 gauge which make great tree rat exterminators.

Suby - if you want to standardize on 20 gauge, I have an extra 22lr/20 that I would trade you for that 410!
Thanks Gunner,I think its to pretty to shoot!My daughter would love it for hunting though,its just her size.She emptied her gun last week on the youth hunt cause her stock was to long!But with this single shot shed miss for sure again,takes after her dad,shoot till your out of ammo or there dead LOL....

· Registered
1,603 Posts
I heard theres a 223 over a 12 gauge,that would be a beauty if you could ever find one!What are these guns going for any ideas,just to see if I got a deal?
My fathers friend has a .223 over 12. He loves it, no idea how much he paid. Walked into a local shop near our camp one day and saw it on the wall and took it home. He uses it for turkey/ coyote I believe.

· Banned
1,269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
My fathers friend has a .223 over 12. He loves it, no idea how much he paid. Walked into a local shop near our camp one day and saw it on the wall and took it home. He uses it for turkey/ coyote I believe.
Nice,maybe if he ever wanted to sell it let me know!Also wondering what mounts you guys are using,as I am imagining they are over under (see through) mounts correct?

· Registered
1,384 Posts
i want to get a drilling. SxS shotgun with a rifle under. A bit expensive though.

· Registered
1,603 Posts
Nice,maybe if he ever wanted to sell it let me know!Also wondering what mounts you guys are using,as I am imagining they are over under (see through) mounts correct?
If for some reason he ever decides to put it for sale I will try and remember to shoot you a message....Also, if I remember next time I see him I will ask what kind of mount he has on it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.