New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Banned
5,970 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The deal I got on my Sig P250 was over the top, it hasn't shipped yet and every time I check my email I think there is going to be a "sorry we messed up" letter. I also keep thinking if it does ship it will be the wrong gun. Am I just being paranoid or do other people do this too? BTW, got it shipped for $75 less than any body else has it for with otu shipping and in stainless which nobody else had in stock, with night sights.

·
Registered
131 Posts
I sold a putter headcover on ebay (first time selling on there) a few months ago, and for weeks I checked my paypal account everyday with paranoia that the buyer was going to back out somehow, even though he paid my asking price.
Never did, and I made out like a bandit.

·
Registered
5,414 Posts
Got a Marlin 30-30 Lever action with a scope mount and a decent 3-9x 40mm scope on it for 170 bucks, they go for around 400-500 without the scope or anything on it, had 15 rounds on it from sighting it in good and 3 for taking deer during 3 hunting seasons, was then put into storage cuz the guys grandfather stopped hunting with the 30-30 he preferred his 45-70, until I got the rifle in my hands I was surprised at the deal and I expected him to ask for it back for like 3 months after that lol. Me and that guy still talk and he is perfectly content with the sale and glad to see the rifle in good hands. Apparently it is also one of the better 1970s models with the brass trigger on it, never really looked up how much better the older 70s models were compared to the modern ones, either way I scored.

·
Banned
5,970 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well, I was right, order was cancelled. Kinda pissed now.

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
What? Man that blows! What,if any excuse did they give you?

·
Registered
5,414 Posts
Call them up and bitch until they sell it to you at that price.

·
Banned
5,970 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
They say they are out of stock. And, they are not answering their phones.

·
Registered
5,414 Posts
They say they are out of stock. And, they are not answering their phones.
Might be believable, I'm betting 100 thousand other people also saw that deal when you did and went "SON OF A MOTHERLESS GOAT!!!! BUY! BUY! BUY!"

Can't ever have an online sale without 1 or 2 people getting screwed unfortunately, if the deal is good there is NEVER enough stock to keep up with internet buyers.

·
Banned
5,970 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Probably. Second guessing the subcompact anyway, probably just get the compact. or a 44 mag if i find a good price, or a Cz, or a CETME or a 308 bolt or another Glock or a ....

·
Registered
5,414 Posts
Probably. Second guessing the subcompact anyway, probably just get the compact. or a 44 mag if i find a good price, or a Cz, or a CETME or a 308 bolt or another Glock or a ....
I want a darn CETME so bad but I think I want one of the 91 variants or the SAR8 variants, I have heard lots of not so good stories about the CETMEs, hit and miss with them.

·
Registered
11,238 Posts
And now they have all your data? It is a legit business I hope. Because that is one of the ways of harvesting for who knows what.
Not saying this is what happened to you. (I hope not ). Just giving heads up.

·
Registered
2,127 Posts
I bought a remington 581 for 70 bucks in great shape. Bought it right on the spot because I had never seen one for less than 130.

·
Banned
5,970 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Name of this company??
Larry's Pistol and Pawn. Big with the Taurus crowd. Summit has them instock, emailed Mark last night, good price also, just not as good, should of thought of him first

·
Banned
5,970 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Tehy answered teh phone today, no appology, no explanation, nothing, said they credited my card on 5/1 and gave me a reference number. called teh bank, they said give it 3-5. Still pissed but Mark at summit will get a call for an order tomorrow.

·
Registered
113 Posts
I just won an auction for a browning bda in which I put in a lowball bid expecting to be outbid, but there were no other bidders so I am now the proud owner of a bda, which I have coveted for awhile, at a very nice price,

·
Banned
5,970 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Got me refund from them credited today, ordered from Mark at Summit, talked to him on the phone, way cool guy. Not nite sights, and not stainless, but they are hard to get so I;m happy

1 - 19 of 19 Posts