New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

· Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I was at Gander Mt. the other day and bought a new Ruger SP101 for a carry gun.
As I was about to turn away from the counter after finishing up, I saw a guy walk up with a pistol case in his hand, looking to sell his handgun.
Long story short, Gander offered an insulting price and he walked...
Next thing I know, I'm out in the parking lot, buying a Smith & Wesson 686 from the guy.
I went for one, and wound up with two... Now I have 2 new toys to try out this weekend. :D

· Registered
725 Posts
same type of thing happened to me. Stopped at Master Arms in Sloatsburg to BS with Jim on my way home from work. Walked out with a Mossberg 590. Which is very unusual for me because I can talk myself out of anything.

· Registered
112 Posts
It happened to me at a pawn shop once. Guy came in with a Gen 2 G17, 2 mags and the shop offered him 225. I followed him out to the parking lot and got it for 300. I wasn't even in the shop looking for a gun, I was looking for a mower. No mower!!

· Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You just never know...
Right place, right time. The gun I bought from the guy is a 686 no-dash 4" barrel.
I fondled one just like it at an LGS nearby, marked $689.00.
I gave the guy $340.00 and ran like hell.

· Registered
421 Posts
Happened to me last month, I went into my local shop, bought my new 590 mossberg, plopped money down and got my century Arms AK (both I knew I was going to get) and then said "**** it" and bought my new public defender Judge......and a real nice dinner for the Mrs. to brace for the pain

· Registered
725 Posts
Happened to me last month, I went into my local shop, bought my new 590 mossberg, plopped money down and got my century Arms AK (both I knew I was going to get) and then said "**** it" and bought my new public defender Judge......and a real nice dinner for the Mrs. to brace for the pain
Was going to put a post up offering some of you guys in the gun purchase dog house a discounted rate at our B&B in the Finger Lakes. You know take the Mrs' out wine tasting to numb the pain, but I figured I would get flamed for promoting a business with out adverising. :) Thus why I'm not mentioning the name.

Will be waiting here patiently to be banned

· Registered
4,733 Posts
Nope!

Wait.....I think I accidentally just got a second 930SPX, am M1 Garand, and a SigP228 last month......

Or maybe not

;)

· Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
No guns, but I did accidentally get married.
That's just carelessness! You NEVER, EVER rely on the safety alone! You should have been paying more attention to what you were doing!
Supposing you pointed that damn ring at somebody else and THEY got married too. How would you feel then?!
Sorry, I don't mean to be a safety nazi or anything, but jeez!

LOL!

· Registered
649 Posts
I have lowball bid on 2 of the same model gun on Gunbroker and won both.
Although, I didn't end up with 2 same guns, same kind of thing just happened to me a week ago. I won this one:

Sig Sauer 226 9mm E2 Grips P226 Night Sights SRT : Semi Auto Pistols at GunBroker.com

Thought, "I'll buy it for 625$, but I'll never win". I just went in to amend my permit today.

There is a lot of good deals on GB lately. this one surprised me.

SIG 1911 traditional Stainless compact 45 acp NS : Semi Auto Pistols at GunBroker.com

I would have bought it for that price too. I don't know if I would have bought the sig 1911 or my sig 226 that I did buy, if I was given a choice. It would have been a real hard choice.

· Registered
2,130 Posts
I walked into the gun shop to buy a free float rail. walked out with an upper receiver. Completely forgot about the rail so now I need to go back.

Also did this with my suburban hahaha. Jokingly said to my boss "i'll trade you my next paycheck for it" and he said alright surprisingly. Now I need to break it to my parents somehow.

· Registered
13,297 Posts
I bought my place in LG that way... no joke.

Wife and I had spent a lot of time (10+ years) up there during summers and met a lot of friends. So we go up one Valentines Day weekend to skiing with some of our friends. Sat night spent too much time in the hot tub with too much wine and couldn't make it skiing again on Sunday. So we're walking through town and find this place with awesome lake views (when the leaves are down), four bedrooms, detached two car garage and an acre of land in our favorite town for the price of what uncleared lots were going for. Went to the Realtor's office and said I'll take it. Said how much do you want to offer and I said I'd give them what they're asking. Didn't even see the inside of the house until we closed 4 months later. I figured we could tear it down and build a new one if it was a dump. Turned out to be very nice inside. Eleven years later, its the best thing we ever did...

· Registered
3,441 Posts
I bought my place in LG that way... no joke.

Wife and I had spent a lot of time (10+ years) up there during summers and met a lot of friends. So we go up one Valentines Day weekend to skiing with some of our friends. Sat night spent too much time in the hot tub with too much wine and couldn't make it skiing again on Sunday. So we're walking through town and find this place with awesome lake views (when the leaves are down), four bedrooms, detached two car garage and an acre of land in our favorite town for the price of what uncleared lots were going for. Went to the Realtor's office and said I'll take it. Said how much do you want to offer and I said I'd give them what they're asking. Didn't even see the inside of the house until we closed 4 months later. I figured we could tear it down and build a new one if it was a dump. Turned out to be very nice inside. Eleven years later, its the best thing we ever did...
Cool, still waiting for the fishing invite......

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.