New York Firearms Forum banner

EOTech with Magnifier or scope.

2K views 20 replies 11 participants last post by  princemorr2003 
#1 ·
What does everyone like looking for opinions. I dont know if I wanna get a scope or go with the EOTech.

#3 ·
well my plan is to be used for everything. I like the close combat the red dot has to offer but anything over 50 yrds is almost useless with a red not. but ive never seen a red dot with a magnifier. I dont want to spend 800 on an eotech with magnifire and hate it. I am also planng on do a offset with fixed sights. I want something that i can use and see targets at like 100-150 yds.

#15 ·
I shoot 200 yards with a red dot (no magnifier) and I'm by no means a professional. Going with a 12 minute or even a 4 minute dot may be more impractical for such distances. That said, EOtech claims their center dot is 1 minute (appears to be approx. 1'' at 100m)... But it's all up to you.

Keep in mind a standard scope will take longer to acquire your target at any distance, and eye relief/parallax comes into play too. And if you plan on shooting at dawn/dusk, consider an illuminated reticle (or tritium).

Best to try each before you decide.

#8 ·
EO-tech xps model is the way to go IMO, they aren't cheap but worth every penny. the xps model runs on cr123 batteries an will run for 600 hours on a single battery compared to older EO-tech models that use AA an only have a 10 hour runtime before needing a battery change. There well built an can take the recoil from anything you put it on

#10 ·
I used to have the Eotech combo (red dot and magnifier) on one of my rifles. It was ok, but I would never buy one again. Overpriced for what it is and I thought it was heavier than buying a 1-4 optic. My advice would be to look at the Burris TAC30, MTAC & XTR. They are priced from cheapest to most expensive & good, better, best. I have never used a Vortex PST, but I know some guys who have used the PST and they don't like the reticle. They prefer the Burris reticle over the PST.

#11 ·
Primary Arms has a combo that comes to maybe $220 that includes a Red dot and a 3x magnifier with a flip to side mount... I like mine so far, although i haven't shot it much.

There are lots of forums though that recomend them... they are made in China... so i know some won't buy them, but they function pretty good if everything i've read is accurate.

#20 ·
I don't want to derail this thread--but the older I get, I realize that we all need to buy American products (where possible---cell phones, TV's, computers, etc are next to impossible) to keep American owned businesses and the American employees still employed. I look at it this way--you can either spend more money on a quality American made product or buy a cheaper Chinese made product but then pay welfare/benefits to that same American worker that is now on the employment line. Everyone is an adult and makes their own money--spend it how you want.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.