New York Firearms Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
754 Posts
Clint Eastwood can kill anyone with any gun from anywhere blindfolded, and when you get shot, you fly 20 yards back breaking every window on the way.

·
Registered
725 Posts
their info about the suppressors is only half true. You have to use subsonic ammo, (under about 1075 fps depending on temperature ) if you don't you will still hear the crack of the projectile breaking the sound barrier. A suppressed .22 IS whisper quiet.

·
Registered
415 Posts
Sad, funny, but yet how much of the BS is believed to be true. The Media is the gun owners greatest enemy

·
Head of Bacon Operations
3,589 Posts
"ptew!" lol

·
Registered
7,542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The unlimited ammo thing really is one of my pet peaves.
That and discharging a weapon in a confined space, and no one has a hearing problem after? :wacko:

·
Registered
419 Posts
That and discharging a weapon in a confined space, and no one has a hearing problem after? :wacko:
Right.

At the end of the most recent episode of Bones, Brennan and Booth fire machine guns on a pistol range. She's wearing ear protection and he's not. Trained FBI agent, right?

·
Head of Bacon Operations
3,589 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
When someone shoots a gun at Chuck Norris, the bullets dodge him.

·
Registered
4,720 Posts
I shot a SIG226 with standard velocity ammo. It sounded like someone clapped their hand really loud. No hearing protection needed at all

Still...not a whisper though

·
Registered
353 Posts
The best one is when they show one scene, cut away, and come back with a different weapon.

The one an only time I watched "The Unit", an actor had an m4 with ACOG. They cut away for a minute, came back to the same exact scene/conversation and he had a standard M-16. AHHHHHHH! Like we didn't notice?

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
I like all the double action 1911s I see on TV. Their hammers are dowm but the still work everytime. Or when it's an intense moment and the character cocks the hammer with his thumb.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I especially enjoy the "holding someone at gun point and chambering a round when you finally mean business".

As soon as the movie bad guys discover that device, it will mean alot more movie good guys going down.

·
Registered
6,323 Posts
I especially enjoy the "holding someone at gun point and chambering a round when you finally mean business".
That's another one of my great annoyances in the movies! I always start bitching to my girlfriend when they do that. Or on Southland when the cops are about to kick somebody's door in and they rack a round into the chamber......really? You've been on patrol all day without a loaded gun!?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts