New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ulster County Legislative Chairwoman Terry Bernardo sent out an email that I believe is important.

The Town of Shandaken had passed a resolution in opposition to the NY SAFE Act at their February meeting.

MoveOn.org, led by Dave Channon started an online petition (through SignOn.org), and got over 1,400 signatures opposing that resolution

I know that a lot of the signatures were invalid because one of them was my dog, Sundae Bernardo

Nonetheless, Monday March 4, the Shandaken Town Board is meeting and MoveOng.org will be presenting their petition to the Shandaken Town Board, with all of their supporters.

We need to support our Republican Town Supervisor Rob Stanley and his Town Board.

Please let as many of your people know that we need support throughout the County for the Shandaken Town Board, MONDAY, MARCH 4TH at 7:00pm.

The residents that will be showing up for MoveOn will be from everywhere, now is the time to show strength.

I wish that I could be there, but I will be in Washington DC at the National Association of Counties March 2nd through 6th.

Thanks
Terry

·
Registered
399 Posts
forwarded

·
Registered
3,816 Posts
Ulster County Legislative Chairwoman Terry Bernardo sent out an email that I believe is important.

The Town of Shandaken had passed a resolution in opposition to the NY SAFE Act at their February meeting.

MoveOn.org, led by Dave Channon started an online petition (through SignOn.org), and got over 1,400 signatures opposing that resolution

I know that a lot of the signatures were invalid because one of them was my dog, Sundae Bernardo

Nonetheless, Monday March 4, the Shandaken Town Board is meeting and MoveOng.org will be presenting their petition to the Shandaken Town Board, with all of their supporters.

We need to support our Republican Town Supervisor Rob Stanley and his Town Board.

Please let as many of your people know that we need support throughout the County for the Shandaken Town Board, MONDAY, MARCH 4TH at 7:00pm.

The residents that will be showing up for MoveOn will be from everywhere, now is the time to show strength.

I wish that I could be there, but I will be in Washington DC at the National Association of Counties March 2nd through 6th.

Thanks
Terry
Correction;

Notice - The now 1500 strong petition that is pro Safe Act on *sign-on.org* is a petition to overturn ULSTER County resolution.

The now 281 strong petition that is pro SafeAct is to to overturn the SHANDAKEN resolution.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Correction;

Notice - The now 1500 strong petition that is pro Safe Act on *sign-on.org* is a petition to overturn ULSTER County resolution.

The now 281 strong petition that is pro SafeAct is to to overturn the SHANDAKEN resolution.
Yes, I got a similar "correction" from forwarding this original post. Not quite sure where the Rob Stanley part comes from as the original post stated nothing about him

Please do NOT pass this around - it is false in that Rob Stanley did NOT support this resolution....
There are other things about this that is not quite true... I've already been in touch with Terry about this - she was not aware of the facts as they happened - and that the 1400 signatures are destined for the Ulster County Legislature - and only 250 signatures are going to Shandaken....

There are other things...

While we love the support - it's very important that it be filled with truth and not subjected to slant.....

Secretary
Phoenicia Fish and Game....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.