4,952 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
More bad PR for firearms...

ECMC in lockdown after fatal shooting | WIVB.com

WIVB said:
Updated: Wednesday, 13 Jun 2012, 10:24 AM EDT
Published : Wednesday, 13 Jun 2012, 8:25 AM EDT
Posted by: Emily Lenihan

BUFFALO, N.Y. (WIVB) - Sources say a woman has died after being shot in the head Wednesday morning, in a building at ECMC.

The shooting happened around 8 a.m. Wednesday in the Miller Building on the ECMC campus. Crews are searching for the shooter.

People on the scene, who are speaking with people inside the building, are telling News 4's Lou Raguse that the person who was killed was a hospital worker. These are unconfirmed reports from the scene.
Not sure how this happened considering firearms and CCW are prohibited inside ECMC and other hospitals throughout the area. I always worry about this because my wife works in the medical field and every now and again she does some rounds at area hospitals. I think the one thing that would motivate my wife to get her CCW permit is if hospitals lifted ridiculous CCW bans.

What's interesting is that if you read the comments below the WIVB article, people currently stuck inside ECMC are posting about the police searching for the shooter on the 4th or 5th floor...

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
I just got off the phone with my Father, he is currently locked in his office on the second floor. The S.W.A.T. teams have started serching from the top floor down and are currently on the 4th floor. All he knows is that they keep telling everyone over the PA to stay locked in their rooms.

·
Registered
4,952 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thoughts go out to your father, hope he remains safe and sound in there! Keep us posted if and when you receive updates. My wife is at her downtown medical office today, fortunately not at ECMC...

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
My mother in law is in there, started texting me at 9, wanting me to head up there. Those poor people and the rumors that are going around inside that building. Unreal....

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
Geez, times are getting worse in this city. I hope that you Father stays safe FT and your mother Keith.

·
Registered
4,952 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Timothy Jorden has been named as a "person of interest" in the shooting. If you Google his name, there's a Timothy Jorden Jr. who is listed as a surgeon at ECMC.

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
Wow, they where saying it might have been a doctor. Love affair gone wrong?

·
Registered
4,952 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
If it turns out to be a surgeon involved in the shooting, that was my first thought - affair gone wrong. Either that, or the woman had some real bad dirt on the guy. Love affairs however seem to be more typical.

·
Registered
687 Posts
WOW..hope everyone stays safe.

·
Registered
4,952 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It does appear likely that the shooter is a surgeon that works at ECMC, Dr. Timothy Jorden. Here's a photo from WIVB...

Police are searching for him, so it doesn't appear as though an arrest has been made. I'd be very surprised if they apprehend him alive.

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
50$ on domestic

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
Very impressed on how well LEO is handling this.

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
My Dad just called and told me they have been released from lockdown and are allowed to leave the campus. The building where the shooting happened is still under lock down. He told me the Doctor lives in Lake View which would explain why my street is crwaling with police cars.

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
You gotta be ****ting me! Lakeview, what road FT? I grew up in LV my entire life. This scumbag definitely did not grow up in Lakeview, the people here are not murderers. Must be some transplant from the city who bought a big home near the waterfront. I hope they find this low life soon, because he better not come back to Lakeview. I will keep my eyes peeled, sitting on my porch....

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
When the mayor spoke, did I hear one reporter say that a medical office in west senica was surrounded?

·
Registered
481 Posts
Seriously? Murderers come from all cultures/locales/walks of life. My wife had an emergency appendectomy a few weeks back-her surgeon? Jorden. I thought he seemed like a decent guy, and my jokingly said he reminded her of OJ. I told her she was nuts. If you've not read "The gift of Fear" by Gavin DeBecker, I highly recommend it. He deals with how to listen to your intuition, and points out that all of us are capable of atrocities.

·
Registered
4,952 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
More info (from what I heard on the radio) about Dr. Timothy Jorden...

Supposedly he served in the Army for a number of years (I heard special ops) before becoming a Dr./Surgeon. People who either know him professionally or have been patients have been stating that he was a phenomenal surgeon and a good "people" person. That doesn't say anything in terms of whether or not he was capable of murder, as LC Scotty mentioned. Just shameful that he would've thrown everything away like that and taken someone's life (possibly as well has his own life). The guy had a great career, lived in an upscale area...hard to imagine why the guy would've resorted to something so drastic considering how much he had to lose...

1 - 20 of 47 Posts