New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
4,679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
EBT Card Outage? 8 Days Into June And Many Americans Are Still Waiting For Food Stamp Money

by Tyler Durden - Jun 10, 2016 5:32 AM

Widespread reports continue to pour in from all over the nation of "glitches" with the food stamp system. It is eight days into the month and large numbers of people still have not received their benefits, and in other instances it is being reported that EBT cards are simply not working correctly. So what in the world is going on here? On downdetector.com there are scores of reports of problems with the EBT system from people all over the nation. Could this simply be another example of government incompetence, or is something else at work here?
I had heard some rumblings about this over the past few days, but I had not really taken them seriously until I read an article from highly respected author Ray Gano…

It interesting over the weekend I got several emails telling me about cell phones being down, internet being down, and get this, EBT cards not working and having no money associated to them.

This is a concern because when the US Government has payment failures, then there is possibly something happening that the press is not telling you about.

Now, we know that computers have problems and that states, counties and cities run on computers. But what is interesting is that since the beginning of 2016, The US government has had over 2,700 reports on downdetector.com showing that they have been late loading the money onto these EBT cards.

Folks, we are now going on 8 days where the Government has not paid the EBT payments so that people have food.
So I went over to downdetector.com myself, and I was stunned to see that reports of EBT outages continue to pour in every hour. Here are just a few of the recent comments that have been left by people that are still waiting for their food stamp benefits for June…

Today there are well over 40 million Americans on food stamps, and a lot of them would start rioting tomorrow if you told them that their food stamp cards were being turned off permanently.

EBT Card Outage? 8 Days Into June And Many Americans Are Still Waiting For Food Stamp Money | Zero Hedge

·
Postmaster General
23,073 Posts
I say that those EBT recipients should stick it to the man!

Make ME wait for free money will you!?

Let's see who is laughing when I get my OWN job! Ha!

·
Registered
5,239 Posts
I was Blown away the other day.
I was behind a spanish speaking (only) woman with a shopping cart full of 2L bottles of soda and a stack of bulk candy bars. she paid with an EBT card.
NO FOOD IN SIGHT!
WTF?

The bottom line is I am not apposed to helping people out if they have need.
When i see Total Systemic Abuse, i get angry!

·
Registered
3,768 Posts
I was behind a spanish speaking (only) woman with a shopping cart full of 2L bottles of soda and a stack of bulk candy bars. she paid with an EBT card.
NO FOOD IN SIGHT!
WTF?

That is it exactly. A helping hand is one thing. Taking advantage of the system is something completely different.

·
Registered
677 Posts
as they all sit on there sofa and wait .. I wonder how there doing .. looks in to my freezer .. ohhh the sight of packages of venison and I got that Cuz i have a job ... ;)

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
That's weird. It's now the 10th and there's food in my house...

Of course there's also two hard working people in my house.

·
Registered
9,136 Posts
I would like to see the entire system end!

Many think this is harsh, it is not. I hate that Americans that are using these free services can go into a store and buy whatever they want, whenever they want.

Many of these receivers eat better than those who work for their money.

Anyway, back on point...

Some out there have said that this is one of the easiest and quickest way to do a practice run of mass hysteria in the US.

Stop feeding this many people all at once? Talk about a quick and serious problem. A problem, that in order to fix it, may take far reaching measures.

30 Million people all at once not getting fed? Wow, now that is a problem. A problem that can be created from the comfort of a keyboard!

·
Registered
420 Posts
So reading this brought up a few thoughts about the Venezuelan situation. First reducing utilities to "conserve energy." Then encouraging citizens to grow their own food. Finally "oops." You know what happens when the people will not be fed by the government anymore.

·
Registered
3,611 Posts
I believe this could be the government just testing the waters to see how long it takes for the free-loaders to get really agitated over having to wait for their benefits.
I have been saying for a couple of years now that I believe the government would cause a "glitch" (incidentally, I HATE that word! Means total BS to me every time I hear it used!!) in the system that would cause a total shutdown of all computer driven ecuipment.
I'm talking about people not getting their EBT card reloaded, no ATM machines working, no electronic fund transfers into or out of banks. You see where I'm going here?
While it would be a major PITA for your average working Joe, they would deal with it until things came back online.
Just think of the leeches who are used to having everything handed to them, we're not talking about just food stamps here, we're talking about total lack of any means to get funds. THIS is how I see the current POTUS causing total chaos, and "forcing him" to play the martial law card.
I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but I am 1 guy who is stepping up his already active preparations for total chaos.

·
Registered
8,339 Posts
NO FOOD IN SIGHT!
WTF?

About week ago I saw a guy with a few kids,his wife and two fully loaded carts in the checkout in front of me. He spoke no English that I could tell. He seemed nice and smiled at everyone. I was waiting for the EBT card to be pulled. He payed in cash. He can stay here as long as he wants in my opinion.. He's doing better than many of the fat lazy slobs that were born here. I think he was a painter or something from the way he was dressed.

On another note... Are we the only country where half the "poor" on gov. food programs can weigh like 400 pounds and smoke 10 dollar a pack cigarettes?

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
I have been saying for a couple of years now that I believe the government would cause a "glitch" (incidentally, I HATE that word! Means total BS to me every time I hear it used!!)
Agree 100%. I used to work for a company where the IT director was an incompetent a-hole. He kept using words like "glitch" or "hiccup" to evade the fact his team kept screwing up. Drove me nuts.

·
Registered
9,136 Posts
On another note... Are we the only country where half the "poor" on gov. food programs can weigh like 400 pounds and smoke 10 dollar a pack cigarettes?
I always laugh at the term poor in the US, most people here, they have zero idea what is poor. I have been to many other Countries that really know poor.

Our poor, they are very wealthy in comparison. It says so very much when the poor are eating just as well or better than those families who work hard each and everyday.

I am of the idea, if you can't afford a family, do not have one. If you are so poor that living is difficult, get another job!

·
Registered
8,339 Posts
I always laugh at the term poor in the US, most people here, they have zero idea what is poor. I have been to many other Countries that really know poor.

Our poor, they are very wealthy in comparison. It says so very much when the poor are eating just as well or better than those families who work hard each and everyday.

I am of the idea, if you can't afford a family, do not have one. If you are so poor that living is difficult, get another job!
Same here. Been all over the world and some really poor places. Our "poor" have no clue how good they have it.

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
As much as I like to wear the tinfoil hat, I don't think this is a prelude to anything. I think this is just another day of the liberal ran government. Incompetence is rewarded because you only tell the boss what he wants to hear. The people that know what to do get hammered on until they leave because they make their boss look bad. I think we will be seeing more of this kind of problem pooping up. The incompetence started with bush and has accelerated under the current administration.

·
Registered
452 Posts
I'm surprised this is not getting more media coverage. Its really only being mentioned in alternative media sites. Very peculiar, almost as if by design.

Incidentially I think there is going to be a concerted and organized effort from the elite democrats to sow as much discourse as possible this summer to ensure they remain in power and continue pushing their agenda, they will stop at nothing. I am becoming more afraid our country has literally been taken over by communists from within.

·
Registered
2,966 Posts
If you are on government assistance it should be used for basic staples such as meats,rice,beans etc. No beverages at all because I am sure they all have tap water. To further this is should be ILLEGAL to purchase any form of non essentials (with any source of money) such as Alcohol,cigarettes,fast food, food from any restaurant etc.

If you are found in possession of Alcohol or Tobacco or any other non essential while on assistance you should be dropped immediately with no further reconsideration at any time ever.

Furthermore all assistance is debted to you with no forgiveness ever taking place. Payable in a small amounts when you go over an income threshold if you become employable again and payable when you die from your estate with all the money when your assets are liquefied.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts