New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 170 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm curious if folks are making any special preps for the possibility of a pandemic event. I'm planning on stocking up on extra animal feed this weekend. I'm also trying to monitor the news more closely for any information related to outbreaks. I'm concerned, but not overly concerned... yet.

·
Registered
2,966 Posts
Financial and food storage would be key. Most people will continue to go to work until it is too late. Keep and eye on it and if there is a lot of cases take a few weeks off and stay home.

Monitor this website for biological hazards. If it seems like it is moving around don't come in contact with anyone including family.

http://hisz.rsoe.hu/alertmap/index2.php

·
Registered
3,216 Posts
I'll try not to exchange bodily fluids with those I don't know so well.... Ok well I can't make any promises but if the fiancé wants to bring in another women I won't argue.

·
Registered
3,216 Posts
Shes 90lbs of fury and has good taste.... I'd win lol.

Nothing too crazy to do to prepare.... Honestly, I feel it's just another distraction from all else in the world

·
Registered
4,684 Posts
:agree: ammunition check weapons check 211 check Kentucky check all good let it Rip :cheers:

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
I got a gas mask.....does that count?

I'm with Buell056 on this one...."just another distraction from all the other crap". Could it happen? Yeah, but, it's just not on my top priority list.

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
Well I'm not the worlds most passionate man, but I know that I don't want to catch nuthin' called Eboooooola! E-BO BO B BOOOOOLA!

·
Registered
2,778 Posts
This whole Ebola thing is absolutely ridiculous.

A modern nation with modern health care is basically immune to any significant outbreak of Ebola. From a CDC perspective it's easily dealt with. It is not very contagious (requires fluid transfer), has a short incubation period, is only contagious when symptomatic, etc.

The ideal deadly virus is one that is airborne, and has a very long incubation period. Ebola has neither characteristic.

Nobody here should be spending one second worrying about this.

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
Always prepared. The "zombie apocalypse " type makes no difference. But here is a good qualifier to a question that was asked earlier on the forum, would you bug out or bug in IF people infected with the virus were discovered in your area?

If it were found in a 50 mile radius of my home I would start paying VERY close attention. If it hit the 25 mile radius, me and the family would take a little vacation north and monitor from there.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
From what I've read on medical, professional websites the incubation period is 2-21 days, which I would consider to be a long incubation period. It can be spread through the air, which is why the U.S. military has classified ebola as a potential bioterrorism agent. Additionally, ebola has been transmitted in primates through the conjunctiva. My understanding is that the doctor who is currently infected took every precaution possible, which leads me to believe that the health community still has a lot to learn regarding the virus. For a brief, simplistic overview: Ebola Virus - Symptoms, Pictures, Structure, facts and History There's no need to panic, but folks should be aware, and prepared to react.

·
Registered
3,857 Posts
If you are concerned, then you are a crazy prepper.
If you are not concerned, then you are a govt agent lying to us.

·
Registered
891 Posts
If we did have an outbreak, we would finally get the border secured - only it would be by Mexico keeping us from fleeing south.

·
Registered
9,578 Posts
If it affects the brain then Albany and DC are safe.
... or they ARE infected and it starts with the brain and has a very long incubation period. You know you're fully infected and aren't long for this world when you start acting like a dictator and .... well ... an *******!!

1 - 20 of 170 Posts