New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
1,100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
recently ordered this item from ebay for 41 shipped
it is a mosin scout scope mount

M91/30 Mosin Nagant Scope mount utilizes Scout Scope | eBay

i was weary to put it on a nice mosin and did not see the point in putting it on a bad one so i left it sit in safe for a while til today when i saw it

first impression of it was that it was well machined and finished, but appeared to be hard to install due to drilling and reaming

well last week i sold a mosin stock (laminated) off my 91/30 (amazing shooter)and decided to go hunting rifle with it
it was the most accurate mosin ive had so i figured it was a no brainer to use it for clean kills if i can

i purchased the ati stock and a pistol scope on ebay and decided today was the day to install the mount
after fighting the rear sight pin out this entire prcess took 20 minutes with all marking, measuring, drilling, reaming, lubing, and pounding pins in

on its own you dont notice a weight increase but im guessing the scope will throw off balance i guess ill see tommorow
im hoping that the lower weight ati stock will balance it out a bit

next step is finding a suitable bipod for the rig, which ill do next week

IF ANYONE HAS BEEN LOOKING TO MAKE THEIR MOSIN A DEER RIFLE THIS IS THE BEST MOUNT IVE SEEN FOR YOU, IT FEELS SO STRONGLY IN PLACE THAT IF I DID NOT KNOW BETTER ID THINK IT WAS FACTORY

as per site rules i am not this seller nor do i know him, just his good work
also wanted to get word out about some well priced good american parts so they might get to avoid buying the cheap mounts that dont work well from asia

required for instalation
vise
cordless drill
little 3 in 1 oil
pin punch tool 1/16
hammer (light weight is better)
everything else was included like 3 pins, the drill bit, and drill bit hole reemer for a real gun smith feel to the pins

· Registered
5,426 Posts
Very nice review, I liked it, I was thinking of doing this to my Mosin but I much prefer the look of a scope mounted directly over the bolt onto the receiver, however it is good to know that these things work well.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.