New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Postmaster General
23,073 Posts
For those not familiar with gaming industries, Electronic Arts is the village idiot. They and Activision are responsible for a lot of the terrible practices in gaming today. Launch day DLC, rehashes every year as sequels, online passes, release first, beta test later, etc.

But on that note, I saw nothing particularly offensive. If you want to go that angle (shooting virtual people = they must be bad people in real life) the Germans would be by far the most hated group on the planet. I didn't even see any flags. :O

·
Registered
4,234 Posts
For those not familiar with gaming industries, Electronic Arts is the village idiot. They and Activision are responsible for a lot of the terrible practices in gaming today. Launch day DLC, rehashes every year as sequels, online passes, release first, beta test later, etc.

But on that note, I saw nothing particularly offensive. If you want to go that angle (shooting virtual people = they must be bad people in real life) the Germans would be by far the most hated group on the planet. I didn't even see any flags. :O
when he climbed the tower, there was a flag hanging on the opposite side.

EA is a bunch of cock suckers, but I did like BF4. That being said, I've never seen anything politically motivated or at least targeted politically in the BF games. This one seems different.. so I did a little searching and found this:
Gamescom: Shoot Racist Tea Partiers in 'Battlefield Hardline'

Now, I know next to nothing about this game.. I have't gamed hard core since i stopped playing BF4 like 2 years ago.

·
Registered
3,857 Posts
The flag is at 12:00

·
Registered
297 Posts
Seems like an an over reaction to a game. It seems like an interesting single player campaign though and I'll have to check it out on the 5 day trial. Thanks EA Access.

·
Registered
4,234 Posts
Seems like an an over reaction to a game. It seems like an interesting single player campaign though and I'll have to check it out on the 5 day trial. Thanks EA Access.
I suppose it's a subjective view with regards to subtleties in media. If symbolism in the game was replaced with Obama "O" flags etc.. what would you think then?

·
Postmaster General
23,073 Posts
I suppose it's a subjective view with regards to subtleties in media. If symbolism in the game was replaced with Obama "O" flags etc.. what would you think then?
Nothing?

I don't get my world views from video games.

This is sounding a lot like the regular "video games cause violence" routine...

·
Registered
4,234 Posts
Nothing?

I don't get my world views from video games.

This is sounding a lot like the regular "video games cause violence" routine...
I guess it's the psychology slut in me. I tend to notice these types of things. The Breitbart article was interesting too.

·
Registered
3,768 Posts
I wonder if the lefties will admonish this game because of the "gun violence" or if it'll be OK because they're shooting right wingers.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
It's okay if you can think for yourself and determine that some idiots will make this type of subtle propaganda.

But when you have developing kids that consume this as a first experience with the imagery, then they win.
You tend to always believe what you read or see FIRST.

I bet the SPLC is giddy over this too.

·
Registered
297 Posts
I still wouldn't care. It's a game that tells a story. I don't look for hidden meanings behind them. I play to have fun.

·
Registered
3,735 Posts
It's time to blow up your gaming devices !

·
Registered
297 Posts
I wonder if the lefties will admonish this game because of the "gun violence" or if it'll be OK because they're shooting right wingers.
I really don't see it as right wingers. Just based on what little was shown it just seemed like an extremist group. Like every call of duty of what have you. Just happens this one is domestic. Someone needed to change the recipe a little. China and Russia or the Middle East can only be the subject of so many stories before it gets boring. Rainbow six is basically do the same thing except its residential. Does rainbow six get a pass because they didn't feature a Gadsden in their trailer? People can boycott if they want but I think people are trying to hard to find conspiracies.

·
Postmaster General
23,073 Posts

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
EA is the gamers equivalent of Disney. An oppressively obnoxious corporation that destroys good companies and the products they make and spew out halfassed empty garbage that sucks out you and your children's soul. Their fps games are for jocks and 12 year old foul mouths.
The FP shooters I play have no health bar. You get shot, you die. You don't get to know who shot you unless you saw them. You won't know if you've killed the person you've shot unless you saw them die. There is no heads up display. You must keep track of your rounds and magazines. There is no firing reticle. You must use the ironsights or scope. There is no map showing the location of friends or foes.

·
Registered
297 Posts
EA is the gamers equivalent of Disney. An oppressively obnoxious corporation that destroys good companies and the products they make and spew out halfassed empty garbage that sucks out you and your children's soul. Their fps games are for jocks and 12 year old foul mouths.
The FP shooters I play have no health bar. You get shot, you die. You don't get to know who shot you unless you saw them. You won't know if you've killed the person you've shot unless you saw them die. There is no heads up display. You must keep track of your rounds and magazines. There is no firing reticle. You must use the ironsights or scope. There is no map showing the location of friends or foes.
That's what makes them good...

·
Registered
391 Posts
I love the BF franchise always have...I played the demo of Hardline, it was fun. Now, if you want real fun, check out Americas Army.
Yep, your tax dollars, making a video game to promote violence and to recruit the young.
Unfortunately, the youth of today have no realization what real combat is, or the effect real bullets sound like whizzing over head or impacting close to you.

All in all, its just a freaking game. So, stop bashing EA. Yeah, they def turn out games to early, and need to always address issues with patches, but thats thier business model lol

·
Postmaster General
23,073 Posts
Unfortunately, the youth of today have no realization what real combat is, or the effect real bullets sound like whizzing over head or impacting close to you.
Doesn't seem like a bad thing...

1 - 20 of 21 Posts