New York Firearms Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
"We need to build a social movement devoted to the simple proposition that owning handguns makes us less safe, not more," he told me. "The evidence is overwhelming that having a gun in your home increases the risks of suicide, domestic violence and fatal accidents, and yet the number one reason given for gun purchases is 'personal safety.' We need a public health campaign on the dangers of gun ownership, similar to the successful efforts against smoking and drunk driving."

E.J. Dionne: The right to be free from guns

Yet more proof that they want select rights for a select few. The author of this opinion piece knows that true freedom means accepting all freedoms, even if you choose not to bear arms. The one thing they fear is true freedom, they want the Orwellian idea of freedom. Freedom which is dictated on a daily basis, always changing. I have the right to bear arms, which was bestowed upon me by my creator, as with all my other rights and they are unalienable. This piece also shows how they fear choice, true choice. EJ Dionne also shows how they always fail to address the real issues, due not to lack of knowledge either. He states how fast the view of the Northern Virginia battle flag happened.

·
Registered
9,578 Posts
The borders are open too .... he can cross them at any time. Both northern and southern borders are countries that have either disarmed it's people or are damn close to it. MOVE THERE!!

·
Registered
16,118 Posts
"The evidence is overwhelming that having a gun in your home increases the risks of suicide, domestic violence and fatal accidents, and yet the number one reason given for gun purchases is 'personal safety.'

Wow, how have I survived over the years?

"We need a public health campaign on the dangers of gun ownership, similar to the successful efforts against smoking and drunk driving."

Yeah, because I can't remember the last time I heard of someone dying from smoking related cancer and drunk driving. Tell you what EJ, you don't tell me how to live my life and I'll return the favor. Oh, and as far as your emotional irrational fear of my guns, I hear therapy is doing amazing things nowadays. I'm not a fan of treating psychological issues with drugs, but in your case I'll make an exception. Now, what is it that people say about opinions? Oh yeah...

·
Registered
5,419 Posts

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
WHAT A DICK NIXON!!

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
If there were no guns
Suicides would still be there; drug overdose, razor blades, tall buildings
Domestic violence would still be there; frying pans, kitchen knives, hell even flying coffee cups.
accidents; cars, chainsaws, nail guns.
should we ban all those also?

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
"The evidence is overwhelming that having a gun in your home increases the risks of suicide, domestic violence and fatal accidents, and yet the number one reason given for gun purchases is 'personal safety.'

Wow, how have I survived over the years?

"We need a public health campaign on the dangers of gun ownership, similar to the successful efforts against smoking and drunk driving."

Yeah, because I can't remember the last time I heard of someone dying from smoking related cancer and drunk driving. Tell you what EJ, you don't tell me how to live my life and I'll return the favor. Oh, and as far as your emotional irrational fear of my guns, I hear therapy is doing amazing things nowadays. I'm not a fan of treating psychological issues with drugs, but in your case I'll make an exception. Now, what is it that people say about opinions? Oh yeah...

Wow, I thought you shot yourself there for a minute Doc.

·
Registered
627 Posts
The problem is he does NOT see the big picture if this country eliminated all guns held by the people what would stop China from mounting an invasion on a massive scale answer NOTHING. The very reason no one does this is they know that no matter what our skin color, sexual orientation, Union or Confederate if you attack us at home 40 million gun owners are going to band together and kick their ass or at the very least hold them off long enough so that regular troops can get here and then cover their backs.

·
Registered
2,007 Posts
So this clown actually thinks that Americans are going to give up their freedoms and beliefs because of some sort of peer-pressure social media campaign orchestrated by the elites?

Have at it, champ......

·
Registered
7,542 Posts
You have the right to Life, and Liberty ........you have no right to be safe. You can pursue happiness, no one is going to give it to you.

you don't like the American way of life, Face north and start walking, eventually you will begin to "feel safer"....you won't BE safer. but you may feel safer

·
Registered
14,522 Posts
These irrational fruitloops drive me nuts... i dont condone their way of life, but im not trying to legislate their RIGHTS away...

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
It just goes to show you that some people really don't know what their rights are. His delusional "right to be free from guns" infringes on my actual right to own and bear them. His only right to be free from guns is his prerogative to not exercise the right to keep and bear them.

·
Registered
439 Posts
I was turned off and stopped reading as soon as I read "social movement". In other words he wants "Communism".

·
Registered
3,393 Posts
I refuse to click that link. no clicks for a-holes.

·
Registered
9,902 Posts
So this clown actually thinks that Americans are going to give up their freedoms and beliefs because of some sort of peer-pressure social media campaign orchestrated by the elites?

Have at it, champ......
This guy thinks the police will be there at 3am when things go bump in the night.

He's clearly dumber than a FUDD.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts