New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does anyone here do it or have it on any of their guns? does it hold up good?

·
Registered
9,682 Posts
I have done a few rifles and shotguns super durable. Great selection of colors! Prep is the key and follow the directions.

·
Registered
5,414 Posts
I have a friend who did up his AK with it, came out pretty nice I thought, after a few hundred rounds the barrel heated up and the paint kinda melted and flaked off, however he admitted he didn't sand the barrel down very well in his rush to spiff up his AK so with a better prepared surface I am thinking it would have held up better, only about the last 4 or 5 inches of barrel saw any issues, the gas tube and the rest of the barrel seemed ok to me, Syxtnyne here on the forums, he wouldn't mind a private message about it if you wanted to ask a guy with first hand experience.

here are some videos from his youtube channel:

DuraCoated AK-47 Parts - YouTube

My Fully DuraCoated AK-47 (Parkerized) - YouTube

he is located in NC so don't get scared of any bayonet lugs or whatever else you see in the video lol.

·
Premium Member
10,553 Posts
I have a friend who did up his AK with it, came out pretty nice I thought, after a few hundred rounds the barrel heated up and the paint kinda melted and flaked off,
That definitely will not happen if it's properly applied.

·
Registered
11,238 Posts
It is thicker than cerakote but doesn't need to be oven cured.
Very durable but the key is preparation like always.

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
Ive never used duracoat or cerakote but from videos ive seen on youtube cerakote seems to be more durable..

1 - 11 of 11 Posts