New York Firearms Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5,413 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got 4 signatures and brought it down to the Sheriffs office, everyone was very helpful there, the permit lady helped me make sure it was filled out right, the corrections guys took my fingerprints and mugshot lol, cool little digital finger printer, no ink needed.

The pistol permit lady is a notary too I guess, so all I have to do now is wait and see what happens.

·
Registered
5,413 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
So as an update all my references got their letters, had them notarized and sent them back in as of today, now just the processing wait.

·
Registered
491 Posts
Even if your county/judge is efficient and gets their end done, Albany is gonna screw you..... Just like the rest of us. Lol

Good luck tho.

·
Registered
201 Posts
the corrections guys took my fingerprints and mugshot lol, cool little digital finger printer, no ink needed.
Yep, digital fingerprinting, costs almost nothing but they still charge you $125 for the Fingerprinting Fee. Not to mention I had mine done when I joined the USMC, why not just pull those? Hell I told them I have Secret Security clearance and asked if that would speed up the background check any, you know just give good ole Uncle Sam a call. They said it wouldn't matter, go figure.

·
Registered
5,413 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My permit still has to go through Albany? Damn.

·
Registered
5,413 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So, after waiting my required time, I got my approval letter 1/5/13 in the mail, just gotta run down and get my little ID card with my picture on it for the card, not sure if it's a full carry or restricted yet, I'm pretty sure it's full carry, that is what I applied for and it just said approved, it didn't say anything was changed about my request, I'll find out tomorrow I guess, I'm excited.

·
Registered
462 Posts
Congrats. Did you have to buy a pistol first to get your card?

·
Registered
5,413 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Congrats. Did you have to buy a pistol first to get your card?
No, they gave me the paper for WHEN I buy it but I'm not required to purchase one first, only to attend a safety course within 6 months.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts