New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks:

Just wanted to drop a line to let you know i dropped my application for ccw at the orange county sheriff's office and they scheduled my interview for june. Let's hope all goes well and this puppy gets processed in a timely manner. I ended up choosing a smith & wesson M&P .40. Orange County requires that you put a deposit down on a gun and bring in the serial number and model info so that they can put the info on your permit when it gets issued. If all goes well i am hoping to get the permit in late june or july.

Thanks to all for the great info on this forum .

tdpark

·
Registered
460 Posts
good luck. i handed in the paperwork and everything on December 29th, 2011 and had my interview on the spot, they were still waiting on the background checks, but at that point i was told i should have my permit within 4 months and its almost exactly 4 months now and i haven't heard anything yet, i called about 2 months ago and the county clerks to me that the sheriffs dept still had it. hopefully ill be hearing something soon.

did you purchase your gun local or internet? if local where did you get it from?

- Ryan

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I ended up going to thru-way sports in walden. They were not the cheapest but there layaway policy was better then the other places and the guy i worked with was great. He was really funny too. Also, i did not have to order anything and they seemed to have the biggest selection so i was able to take a look at the 3 or 4 guns i was interested in. The other places i went to did not have as great a selcetion and i would have had to order it sight unseen which i was not comfortable wiht. Most of the places near me required the full amount on the gun and i was not comfortable putting all the money down on something i may not see for 3-6 months.

·
Registered
460 Posts
I ended up going to thru-way sports in walden. They were not the cheapest but there layaway policy was better then the other places and the guy i worked with was great. He was really funny too. Also, i did not have to order anything and they seemed to have the biggest selection so i was able to take a look at the 3 or 4 guns i was interested in. The other places i went to did not have as great a selcetion and i would have had to order it sight unseen which i was not comfortable wiht. Most of the places near me required the full amount on the gun and i was not comfortable putting all the money down on something i may not see for 3-6 months.
that is where i have my gun on layaway too right now until my permit comes in and i can go pick it up, i went with the sr9c but the m&p was also something i look at in the store, nice guys over there and very helpful

-Ryan

·
Registered
7 Posts
My experience with Thruway was also very good. You do have to pay in full within 90 days on the layaway, and my time to permit in Westchester County is up to six months, but I was told I would only have to pay a restocking fee of no more than 10% if I can not get a pistol permit approval.

Good luck!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hopefully it goes by fast. Takes a few months. Im waiting on mine should be any day now..Seems like forever. I chose a Glock 26.
Good luck tdpark

1 - 8 of 8 Posts