New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
8,339 Posts
Another idiot who should not own a gun.

"That man was standing at the urinal when police say 24-year-old Andrew Seals entered a stall wearing a western-style holster and .357-caliber antique revolver."

I would think it's a single action. If you want to play cowboy and carry a single action leave the hammer down on an empty chamber. There are plenty of better and safer carry options.

·
Registered
6,322 Posts
The bigger question is why would you just undo your belt and let everything slam to the floor? Obviouisly he's never read any of the bathroom threads on any of the gun forums.

·
Registered
2,197 Posts
Who just throws their gun on the floor anyway? I only own modern handguns, but I wouldn't just let them slam to the floor. They're a bit too expensive for me to be abusing them like that. Not to mention that any mechanical safety device can fail, and I'd rather avoid testing them unless absolutely necessary.

·
Postmaster General
23,073 Posts
Oh God, now Wal*Mart might come up with some bad anti-gun agenda...wait...

·
Registered
239 Posts
Western-style holster? Antique revolver?

I'm not going to judge anyone's carry system...but if you're going to choose something unconventional like this, you should compliment it with an extra sense of caution.

Only reason I can think someone would whip a belt off and throw their pants to the floor is that they REALLY had to go.

·
Registered
2,197 Posts
Western-style holster? Antique revolver?

I'm not going to judge anyone's carry system...but if you're going to choose something unconventional like this, you should compliment it with an extra sense of caution.

Only reason I can think someone would whip a belt off and throw their pants to the floor is that they REALLY had to go.
I say carry what you like, but if you are going to carry something, at least have a working knowledge of how to carry it safely. I'm not a huge antique revolver expert, but even I know that old revolvers need to have the hammer down on an empty chamber, or a sharp rap to the hammer will set them off. (Such as, you know, dropping it on the floor.)

And I don't care how bad I have to go, I will never let anything touch the floor of a public bathroom except my feet. Baby Kaboomer is on the money there. Ew.

·
Registered
925 Posts
Who just throws their gun on the floor anyway? I only own modern handguns, but I wouldn't just let them slam to the floor. They're a bit too expensive for me to be abusing them like that. Not to mention that any mechanical safety device can fail, and I'd rather avoid testing them unless absolutely necessary.
Could have been a real emergency.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.