New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
16,164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Drone Falls Dangerously Out of Sky; Local News Station Reveals What It Had Been Filming | Video | TheBlaze.com

"A small drone obtained by a local Florida news station is revealing just why some have privacy - and safety - concerns regarding the ever expanding use of such surveillance technology by both the government and hobbyists.

WKMG-TV, covering the Orlando area, reported one if its reporter finding a RC aerial vehicle that fell out of the sky after losing control and crashing into a tree. The news station was able to obtain more than two hours of footage that was taken by the attached GoPro camera, revealing what the drone had been observing before its fall."

How did my drone wind up in Florida??!!

· Registered
6,222 Posts
Weird. Maybe it was some doofus flying it around. Not sure the government would be using a GoPro camera, but you never know. If it works well why not use it.

· Registered
2,028 Posts
Who cares....

People have been doings this for years. Attaching cameras to r/c helicpters, kites, and helium balloons to get some air footage. In fact, its a great way to get some aerial view shots of your house instead of paying a professional to do so with a plane.

I don't see anything wrong with regular citizens using this type of technology.

· Registered
3,865 Posts
The dumbass was using it to watch girls in bikinis, one at least. (Don't bother clicking the link for pics, they blurred it out.)

· Formerly SRV1
4,726 Posts
The dumbass was using it to watch girls in bikinis, one at least. (Don't bother clicking the link for pics, they blurred it out.)
HAHA! Sorry but your response was funny! Blaming the guy for looking at a woman in her bikini then stating don't bother clicking because the picture is blurred! LOL!!

James

· Registered
86 Posts
a dude was flying one of these at Hyperfest car show/ motorsports show. It was kind of cool how easy it was for him to control it. He was controlling it from about 50 feet from me, while the quad rotor was over a quarter of a mile away. He was using it to record the drifting, roll over contest, and HPDE events going on. I really doubt any government agency would use it, since I am sure they will get the good stuff that may or may not be coming back from over seas.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.