New York Firearms Forum banner

Dream Bill By Some Miracle Were Passed Would Be Awesome

735 views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  Rome 
#1 ·
If we ever take back the country through the ballet box and at least elect pro liberty and pro gun representatives by an overwhelming majority to create veto proof legislation would be amazing. Getting both liberty minded legislators in both house and senate along with electing a liberty minded president would be even more awesome. But in either scenario I have thought up a pro gun bill that would be awesome if passed. Tell me what you guys think of it and if I am missing something. Also do you ever think such a bill would be passed in our lifetime?

-Ban of any federal, state, city, or town law restriction ones right to own a firearm which includes the following.

• Requirement of so called "permits to own a firearms of any kind"
  • Restriction of any magazine capacity of any kind
  • Restriction on the type of firearms of any include including by so called "assault weapon" features
  • Restriction on any type of caliber type or ammo grade.
  • Any form of firearm registration.

-Would make any states unconstitutional 2nd amendment laws null and void and requires states that have passed such laws to immediately stop enforcing them.

-National implementation of constitutional carry to all law abiding citizens disbanding the so called permit to carry laws.

-Ban any future introduction or implementation of any 2nd amendment infringing bill or law on the federal, state, city, or town level

See less See more
#2 ·
A federal law to restrict what the states and localities can do regarding guns? That would be an absolute disaster in my mind. Not because it would secure gun rights (which I would love to see), but because it would require acknowledging that the federal government has the authority to pass and enforce such a law.

The outrageous expansion (or abuse IMO) of the general welfare and commerce clauses of the Constitution as a basis for federal authority are what have lead us to the mess we currently have to live with. A law like what you propose would be like burning down your house to keep warm.

#3 ·
A federal law to restrict what the states and localities can do regarding guns? That would be an absolute disaster in my mind. Not because it would secure gun rights (which I would love to see), but because it would require acknowledging that the federal government has the authority to pass and enforce such a law.

The outrageous expansion (or abuse IMO) of the general welfare and commerce clauses of the Constitution as a basis for federal authority are what have lead us to the mess we currently have to live with. A law like what you propose would be like burning down your house to keep warm.
So I am guess your fine with states like NY, NJ, IL, MA, MD, and CT restricting our rights?

The only time the federal government becomes necessary is when states or localities violate our constitutional rights. The states are there to nullify federal laws that the federal government creates that are unconstitutional.

Regulating firearms on private property would be more acceptable to a point but not on public grounds.

So in that case I guess its okay for states to limit our rights to speech as well because having the federal government come in and tell states that what they are doing is unconstitutional is a bad idea because they are involved?

Sometimes state and local governments create horrible laws that are clearly unconstitutional and the federal government is only necessary when those laws are created. Same goes with state governments like Arizona or Montana to create laws to nullify federal guns laws that are clearly a violation of our rights.

This is the exact problem with the supreme court decision that states owning a gun is an individual right but the states have the right to regualte it. Look where that got us in state like NY sure they allow us to own firearms but in many cases they make it so hard to own one that nobody bothers applying for a permit.

#5 · (Edited)
I understand the 10th amendment and states rights. But does the state technically have the right besides the supreme court decision to restrict our second amendment rights. I though the tenth amendment is used in a way to nullify unconstitutional federal laws in their borders. such as what Montana and Arizona had done with the firearm freedom acts.

What I am saying is that even though this may never happen, if we can restore the federal government to force states to immediately stop enforcing unconstitutional gun laws such as restricting the type of firearms we can own or the annoying process one has to go through like in NY and NJ with the permitting process technically they would be doing what they are supposed to do. Just like when states nullify federal laws, its all checks and balances.

#7 · (Edited)
to create veto proof legislation would be amazing...
I understand and respect the gist of your post, so don't take this as excessive, negative criticism mate.

Why do we need "to create veto proof [2A] legislation" when we already have that in the form of the 2nd Amendment Shall Not Be Infringed law and the 14th Amendment that incorporated our Federal Rights to the states?

Constitutional Carry is already the law of the land as per the 2nd Amendment and incorporated to the states under the 14th. Just because the fascist politicians have made laws Infringing the Second Amendment and ignoring the 14the Amendment, that doesn't mean that the true legal situation doesn't, or at least shouldn't, actually pertain.

If the Second Amendment was meant to check the Federal Government from ever Infringing on the Right to Keep and Bear (it was), and if our Federal Rights were incorporated to the People under the 14th Amendment, duly ratified and affirmed (they were), then it stands to reason that the states have NO BUSINESS Infringing or violating ANY of our Federally protected Rights.

The plain fact of the matters is that we as Americans are at Liberty NOW to Keep and Bear Arms as we see fit according to the Supreme Law of the Land, but we have become so brain washed by the Government, and fearful of it, that we fail to exercise our God-given Rights properly, and have failed to put the Government back into its proper place as our Servant, rather than our Master.

If the Government refuses the People the free exercise of their Rights, then the American People should quite frankly DEFY the Government and exercise them anyways. THAT is how we defeat the present Tyranny we are living under.

Pipe dreams about politicians and elections and courts and law suits and more laws somehow restoring the Rights we ALREADY have but refuse to exercise do nothing to serve the cause of Liberty.

If we want to be at Liberty, then we must grasp it for ourselves and cast down those who would seek to snatch it from us. They will never, ever "give us our Rights back" willingly. Never.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.