New York Firearms Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Postmaster General
23,073 Posts
I had a headache before I read this. I still do. Damn heat. Anyway, I could only skim through, but I don't like anything "of unlimited duration". Like our current "AWB".

·
Premium Member
10,553 Posts
Maybe it could be a little more vague...

·
Registered
274 Posts
Article 11 section 2 was the part that really stuck out and bothered me. The underlined portions about keeping records about what kind of weapons and who they were sold to sounds an awful lot like a national gun registry! Which is a load of :bs:

·
Premium Member
10,553 Posts
The way I read it is this is for exporting small arms. Registering who they are sold to meaning the importers, not individual buyers.

·
Postmaster General
23,073 Posts
The way I read it is this is for exporting small arms. Registering who they are sold to meaning the importers, not individual buyers.
It did say "end users". :(

·
Registered
2,323 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The US Marines or a police agency could be "end users".

Or it could mean people too. It's too vague.
It's intended to be vague. The one part you need to look at is that amendments can be added at anytime, and will not need to be ratified through Congress...and there can be unlimited amendments..

·
Premium Member
10,553 Posts
SCOTUS case Reid v. Covert for info on what would happen if the UN small arms treaty was signed by the US.
Don't bother. I posted a link to several cases that ruled that the constitution supersedes any international treaties and nobody on this site cared to believe it.

·
Registered
2,323 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Don't bother. I posted a link to several cases that ruled that the constitution supersedes any international treaties and nobody on this site cared to believe it.
Actually, I did agree with you on it..however, I don't think it's going to stop them from trying to supercede it...most of the sheeple don't even know what the Constitution is..

·
Premium Member
10,553 Posts
All they have to do is get the SCOTUS to change it's stance on the 2nd Amendment, if Obama appoints one or 2 judges, it'll be all over..
There will not be another case before the supreme court on the level of those recently decided for quite some time.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts