New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys,

Thinking of getting some of these for training new students as well as helping me train on my own. Does anyone use them and if so what do you think of them?

Thanks,

Bill

·
Premium Member
1,508 Posts
Hi Bill,

I have used the SIRT pistol extensively for going on 2 yrs now. We have used them in NRA classes and in our other courses for demonstrations, skill development and force-on-force drilling scenarios. Due to my teaching schedule I do not get to shoot as much as I'd like and the majority of my training is dry-fire with the SIRT pistol. It is a great tool.

The SIRT student Performer SIRT PERFORMER Student 110 Training Pistol (Red/Red lasers) | NextLevel Training is $235. Use discount code NRA2012 and get $48 off that price bringing the price down to $185.

I also have a review that was posted in my newsletter, I will try to dig that up and post it here.

Thanks,
Chris

·
Registered
81 Posts
They are used a lot in Hunter Safety courses. It allows the participants to demonstrate proficiency in gun handling without the need for a range. This opens up way more locations for the courses to be held.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I also have an use extensively the SIRT pistol. Chris from MDTS turned me onto them an now I have two. The high volume training is awesome with them. Next level training website is full of great videos as well as youtube. Force on force is a must, dry firing home practice all day an helping shooters diagnose problems the SIRT is invaluable. The bad side is that the sights are sub par, pistol only comes with one magazine and slide will not reciprocate. Not end all problems, just bumps in the road of training.

·
Registered
12,953 Posts
Sorry for raising an old thread from the dead, but just took Pistol 1 (again) with MDTS. Awesome course, as always. He had a SIRT pistol on hand. Great way to train drawing, dry fire, etc. while off the range. Just ordered one. Coupon code NRA2012 is still good for 20%+ discount.

·
Registered
14,522 Posts
your killing me here as Ive been wanting one of these myself.... btw, like cgrutt, I just took PP1 with Chris Fry/MDTS and the course exceeded my expectations... gonna do a review on it shortly, but everyone who is concerned about self defense should take one of his classes.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts