New York Firearms Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anyone else have as many problems with the buffalo gun center as i do? it seems like every time i go in there to look at guns and or purchase them the people behind the counter act like im bothering them or wasting their time!!!! i have actually went in intending to buy a gun on 2 occasions where i walked out and drove to johnsons to buy it because they were so rude and prices were way higher........last week i went there to get a revolver serviced, it needed a new spring...i found the spring online for $6-8 on 10 different sites.......when i went in i told them what needed to be fixed..they said minimum charge of $45 to fix it and that it could go up from there!!! i asked before they put other pieces or start to fix the gun if i would get a call telling me what the cost will be they said NO......so basiclly they can call you and say your gun is done its $300 come get it and if you dont agree with the cost or didnt intend to spend that much your screwd!!!! (what are you gonna do leave your gun there and not pay, they have the customers by the balls)...... need less to say i get a cal to pick my gun up and it was almost $90 to fix it! they charged me $22 for the spring $45 to disassemble $18 to test fire 6 shots and tax!!!!!!! are you kidding....!!!!! the gun is only worth $200 and now im into it for $290....... DOES ANYONE HAVE THIS SAME ISSUE>

·
Registered
3,611 Posts
Nope! Sorry but I've had the exact opposite happen when I go in there. They have been very helpful, even have said to me "can I show you something, it doesn't cost anything to look"!
I have purchased at least 5 pistols or revolvers from them and have not had any problems. I had to take one in for service because the trigger wouldn't reset all the time, they took care of it in a couple of days and called me to pick it up. When I got there the guy brought it out and explained what they found, and corrected. When I was getting into reloading they put me with the right guy and he helped me out as far as bullets, powder choices, etc.
Like I said; sorry but I can't complain.
Incidentally, I also get guns from Johnson's but only if Paul takes care of the sale. Some others there that make me feel just like the BGC guys make you feel!
I guess it's all about the different persomalities!
I say; if you prefer Johnson's, then that's where I would spend my $$!!

·
Registered
9,137 Posts
Why didn't you put the new springs in yourself?

Didn't know how or wanted someone else to blame if it should break / not work?

Either way you aren't paying for the springs, you are paying for someones knowledge and shifting of liability.

Complain about customer service all you want but no one forced you to leave your gun there and you knew it could cost more than the estimate.

·
Premium Member
10,553 Posts
Nope. They're expensive but always friendly to me.

·
Banned
5,970 Posts
Not a fan, never bought a gun there, probably never will. Go there for powder

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
Won't say I'm a fan, but I've bought two guns there and was impressed by the knowledge and attention I received from the guys behind the counter.
Plus, the guns I bought were decently priced (not the lowest in one case, but not the highest either).
Never took a gun there for service, however. Most stuff I'll either do myself, or take to a more local gunsmith.

·
Registered
9,136 Posts
Hit or miss, most times that I have gone in there, I have not left happy. If I get the opportunity to deal with John, there are no complaints. Some of the others, my fingers would end up hurting from all the typing that I would do. Attitudes are everywhere though. Seems like lately, every type of store you go into there are problems. I try to do most of my business at Gander in Tonawanda, They seem to be getting much better behind the gun counter. People are getting better and their selection has improved.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
blame

Why didn't you put the new springs in yourself?

Didn't know how or wanted someone else to blame if it should break / not work?

Either way you aren't paying for the springs, you are paying for someones knowledge and shifting of liability.

Complain about customer service all you want but no one forced you to leave your gun there and you knew it could cost more than the estimate.
YOU hit the nail on the head!!! i paid $90 just to have someone else to blame and to shift the liability..... where do you come up with this nonsense? and just so you know there is no liability to shift because there is NO WARRANTY....rayknobs do you work there or just have friends that do? either way that place is junk!!!! and I made a mistake going there!

·
Registered
2,743 Posts
You paid for a spring and their time (and knowledge, and tools and overhead, etc). Seems reasonable.

I'm guessing you haven't had to have a car fixed recently.

·
Registered
194 Posts
I go to the Buffalo Gun Center to see, touch my next gun and then I but it somewhere else. To expensive there!

·
Registered
391 Posts
I've had good and bad experiences there.

When looking at pistols the guys were friendly, knew the particulars at any pistol I was looking at. Also said to me it doesn't cost to look. I bought my P99 there and at the time they didn't have a .40 on hand and ordered one. So that was the good experience.

Now when looking at ar15s there, the people behind that counter couldn't give a crap. I was looking over the counter and a salesmen was helping someone with their ak and talking bout cheap optics. The guy walked on and the salesmen didn't even ask if I wanted to see something. He walked away ! I then grabbed someone else and he wouldn't show me the ones marked for LEO only !! I asked why. He said they have a collapsible stock and flash hider. I said you can pin the stock and put a brake on to make them complient before they leave store. There's no reason I can't look at them. He said if I wasn't a LEO it was illegal !! I actually said "Your fu****g kidding me?"

I walked out. Haven't looked back.
Granted pistol was bought in '98 and the rifle incident was this jan.

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
I have been there enough times to know what to go in there for.

1) I will never buy a firearm there, full retail at its finest.
2) I only purchase bulk ammo or accessories if I even go there.
3) I will never have another firearm serviced there.
4) The blonde kid is an *******. Tried to sell a "custom" AR for $4000 that puts walnut sized groups at 700 yards...really dude? Just an overall know all, whats best, dickhead in my book. The rest are not bad guys at all.

In conclusion, I would recommend Johnsons or Gander, or a local FFL dealer.

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
I have purchase a number of pistols and a couple of rifles from the BGC. I usually deal with Andy or Paul. I have really never had a problem with the service, but I do agree that some of there prices are high. I will compare them with Johnson's and buy accordingly. You have to admit they have a great selection to look at. I also deal with Johnson's. They don't have the selection but they do have good prices. Paul is great to deal with at Johnson's but he has been out latley with health problems. If you want a real jerk go to The Cabin Range. He has to be the worst person around to deal with. I went there once to look and he said " if you are not buying I have better things to do". I said so do I and left. I will never return.

·
Registered
124 Posts
I stop in there from time to time.
-The customer service for me has ranged from ok to good. A month or two ago I was looking for 5 round mags that fit my cetme (still am), they allowed me to bring my rifle in and test fit the mags they had in the case. good thing because they were too loose (typical for most HK mags in my cetme).
-Lately when I've been going, I've bought some Lake City 30'06 (best price on LC I've seen), last week I picked up two boxes of BEAUTIFUL Winchester .303 British. And I've picked up some 7.62x51.
Needless to say, I stop in there from time to time to see if something special hit the ammo shelves, and of course fondle the used gun racks.

Prices are high on a good bit of what they have, but sometimes you can luck out on a deal.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts